Had Juvederm for nasal labial folds, need touch up. Is it safe to mix product? ie: Juvederm and Radiesse? (photos)

I got juvederm for my nasal labial folds twice 2 years ago and I'm ready for a top up. I've since relocated to where I lived when I received said injections and the cost differs dramatically. Radiesse and Restylane are by far more affordable. My question is, is it safe to mix product like that? If so what would be the better choice between the 2 to put atop the existing juvederm?

Combining Fillers

+1
This is an excellent question. It is safe and effective to combine fillers. I offer comprehensive treatments that reflect my philosophy of "combineese," which means combining different non-invasive treatments to meet specific needs. Fillers such as Restylane® and JUVÉDERM® are both hyaluronic fillers and work well together.

Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Mixing Juvederm UltraPlus XC & Radiesse Is Not Only Safe But Preferable In Some Circumstances

+1
Not only is mixing Radiesse with a hyaluronic acid volumizer, such as Juvederm UltraPlus XC, safe when injected in layers, but safe and sometimes preferable when specially premixed in the same syringe before injection.

In the case of the treating the upper, triangular portion of the nasolabial fold, the so-called pyriform sulcus--I find this premixed combination to be particularly useful. The Radiesse provides the lift that is needed to raise the furrow, and to give the result durability, while the Juvederm UltraPlus XC provides the smoothness and water-holding properties to fill and even out the entire crevace . Consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with expertise and experience in injecting all kinds of fillers and volumizers is a must.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Radiesse or Restylane

+1
Yes it is safe to mix or layer different fillers.  Looking at your photo, it doesn't look like you need a lot of correction (if any) so I would recommend that you stick with the Restylane.  Restylane is the most similar to Juvederm- they are both hyaluronic acid fillers.  Radiesse is a different product (calcium hydroxyapatite) and I like this for people who need a little more correction. 

Erica Linnell, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Mixing Dermal Fillers

+1
Yes, using a combination of dermal fillers is okay and often I actually do this on purpose to achieve the desired outcome.  Different areas of the face react better to different fillers and combination of fillers can often achieve a much more natural result.  Based on your picture, I am not sure you need filler in your naso labial fold.  However, perhaps that is not a recent picture.  I would suggest an in person consultation for a full face evaluation to review your options.  

Good Luck. 

David Shafer, MD