Would Just a Breast Lift Be Fine with No Implants? (photo)

my breast have always been like this since i was in the age of body changes.im still deciding if i should do a breast lift or not.if i do decide to do so i would like a breast lift with no implants.i want then to be well lifted and perky..what would you recomend.i want to get a breast lift to feel more self confident with my body and myself,tho im still not surely decided yet.

Breast lift versus lift with implant

+2

Its best to have an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This consultation should help you understand the risks and benefits associated with breast lift vs. augmentation mastopexy surgery.  If you do not want your breasts to be significantly bigger and you have a decent amount of breast volume with good skin quality than a lift alone maybe ideal. 

Would Just a Breast Lift Be Fine with No Implants?

+1

In my opinion, your procedure is going to be a tricky one, given your native breast asymmetry and the size of your areola.  It would be best to discuss your options in person with your plastic surgeon so that you can have a discussion about a realistic end outcome.  Your size and shape will vary greatly depending on the surgical procedure chosen.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Based on your description, it sounds like you may benefit from additional time spent thinking about exactly what your goals are. For example, breast lifting surgery may be the right operation for you if you simply want to raise the breasts' position on your chest wall. On the other hand, if you wish to increase breast size/fullness, breast augmentation surgery may be indicated as well.

At some point, once you have  reached more clarity about your goals, seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. Communicate your goals carefully as well.  In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures helpful during this communication process.

Breast lift only

+1

If you are happy with your breast size - then just do a breast lift.  It is less likely to have complications, compared to the combination of implant & lift.

However, an implant or fat graft does have the advantage of giving patients more roundness and fullness in the upper part of the breast.  If this is important to you, or you wish to be larger in the cup size than you are now, the combination or two-stage approach would be better.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Breast lift with implants would help with perkiness

+1

Breast lift with simultaneous implant surgery can solve the problem that many women develop after having children or losing a significant amount of weight which is loss of upper pole fullness, combined with ptosis, or “sagginess”, of the breast.  The main difficulty with this operation has been achieving long term results – in other words, helping to prevent “bottoming out” of the implants and loss of the upper pole fullness that placement of the implants was designed to achieve.  This can be accomplished with development of a proper submuscular pocket to support the implant and is actually much more important than the size of the implant chosen.  The size of the implant you choose should be one that gives you the roundness and cleavage in the upper pole that you desire.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

+1

Yes, but I might consider 200 cc of fat grafts also. And you will have a liposuction  in addition. Ask about this option. 

Lift and No Implants?

+1

You certainly can get just a breast lift to improve your shape. My feeling that this will make you smaller than you might desire thus implants may be needed.  You certain can have the lift and if you lack some desired volume of your breasts then implants can be place at a later date.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Lift or lift with implants

+1

Here's how to understand what implants do and what a breast lift would do. 

Implants are pillows and add only volume or fill. They do not lift the breast but merely fill it out. The minimum cup size increase with implants (that are properly fitted) is one cup size. Their advantage is a simpler procedure with less scar and they do fill the upper pole of the breast and give forward projection. 

A properly done breast lift repositions the breast up to the appropriate level and adjusts the skin to accommodate this. The breast may look larger but the volume isn't actually changed significantly. The drawback is a lollipop scar and a more involved procedure -- but no implant or combined procedure to worry about. Breast lifts also do not give forward projection or fill in the upper pole of the breast. 

In your case it would appear that a breast lift is the appropriate procedure to shape, reposition, and balance your quite adequately sized breasts. They appear to be too low (ptotic) to be augmented without a lift. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift without Implants

+1

You appear to be the ideal candidate for a mastopexy (lift) alone. If in a bra you are the size you wish to be, then all you need is a breast lift to create perkier breasts. You should get a really good result from what I can see. When done properly, the recovery is very rapid. Your only restriction will be doing anything that causes downward stress onthe breasts.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with or without implants

+1

A breast lift will give you a perkier looking breast.  The trade-off is that it involves scarring on the breast.  Even though only skin is being removed from the breast during a breast lift, patients sometimes tell me that their cup size decreases by a half to even a whole cup size depending on how much their breasts need to be lifted.  A breast implant is simply designed to add volume to your breasts.  If you are happy with the size of your breasts currently then a breast lift without implants is probably the way to go.  If you want to go larger then the addition of implants will give you that extra volume.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD