I Am 11 Months Post Op, is my Nose Scooped? My Nose is Also Wider Than Pre Op. (photo)

I have had 6 kenalog injections at 8 weeks apart & it has done nothing to my tip. I feel the bridge is scooped & there is no shape to my nose from the front. My nose is actually wider than pre op & The tip is not defined. My surgeon said he is going to give me injections for another 8 months, if it is cartilage & not tissue that needs to be manipulated than he will revise. I have included pics pre op & post op. Is my nose scooped & has tip been touched? post op pics are at 11 months. thank you

I Am 11 Months Post Op, is my Nose Scooped? My Nose is Also Wider Than Pre Op.

+1

Reviewing your posted photos, though at differing distances I see improvement. But was this from the tip part of the operation or the steroid injections?? Best to seek ONLY in person detailed evaluations in order to obtain an answer. 

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

The photos that you have shared do show changes in the appearance of your nose. As you have described, the profile of your nose does have a scooped out appearance and the tip of the nose is more rounded. The middle 1/3 of your nose on the postop frontal view is definitely wider than the preoperative view. Additional steroid injections injections will not affect the underlying cartilage and bone. However, it may create over-thinning of the skin and subcutaneous tissues resulting in more challenges if you decide to undergo a revision to improve the appearance of your nose. 

Thank you for your question and photos. Best of luck.

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

Considering revision rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear Eliza,

• I think that 11 months out, you are not going get much more change
  • The frontal view does look more refined though
  • You will probably need a revision if you would like further changes so you should talk to your surgeon

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD