Developing Frankenboob? (photo)

Hello! Could your surgeon know by looking at your pre op breasts and the kind/type/size of implant they will use if you might develop the dreaded "frankenboob" or not? 340CC moderate silicone?

Developing Frankenboob

+2

Based  on your photo you are an excellent candidate for augmentation, since you have a sufficient nipple to IMF distance. You have also chosen a reasonable sized prostheses . At first all implants sit a bit higher, but you should not expect "Frankenboob". Good Luck.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

340 cc Silicone - High Riding Implants

+2

In general, smaller implants tend to drop faster and in many cases look good immediately.  My experience has been that in average size women, anything up to about 400 cc rarely rides very high.

Breast Implant placement

+1
A common error that leads to an unnatural appearance after breast augmentation, even with implants of an ideal size, is inadequate lower pole dissection and/or inadequate release of the pectoralis major origin just above the inframammary fold. As a result the implants sit too high and appear excessively full in the upper poles (the area above the nipple-areola complex), while the lower poles - which should be the fullest area of the breast - are underfilled. Inadequate muscle release may also result in bizarre-appearing breast implant 'animation' when the pec major muscle contracts. In some cases this may result in one or both of their implants jumping up literally to the level of a patient's collarbones. An alarmingly unnatural look, and one that is totally avoidable. 

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/breast-augmentation_breast_implants.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Frankenboob?

+1

Thanks for your post. In the photo you appear to be an excellent candidate fro breast augmentation surgery. Women who are good candidates from BA tend to be happy after surgery and have nice results. Positive thinking and a good outcome usually go hand-in-hand. Thanks, Dr. Aldo.

Developing Frankenboob?

+1

I think with the modest size you have chosen, you can expect a nice result. If you are concerned about upper pole fill early post op, that is common with sub muscular implants and lasts up to 3 months, as the pectoral muscle needs to relax to accommodate the implants. Thanks for your question, best wishes;

Preventing “Frankenboob” with Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thanks for the question and picture.

based on your photograph, I think that you are starting at a “good place” ( with pleasant shape of breasts) when it comes to breast augmentation surgery.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “very natural”  or “Frankenboob” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Frankenboob unlikely

+1

You have chosen a reasonable implant size, I think.  Ask your surgeon about gentle early stretching, massage, and robaxin (muscle relaxer), as all these things may help your implants to soften and settle more quickly, avoiding Frankenboob.

Choosing a breast implant size and shape

+1

A breast implant is chosen by your desires about size and your body measurements. Selecting an implant that is not too wide for your chest will prevent "Frankenboob".  You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. I offer free consultations in my NYC office and am happy to see you. Give my office a call to schedule.

Frankenboob

+1

i am not familiar with this terminology!! you have a lack of volume and proper sizing is the key to a great result

Developing Frankenboob?

+1

Again over the internet not as good as having IN PERSON evaluations with a boarded PSs in your city. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.