Is It Possible to Get Veneers on Only the 2 Front Teeth? (photo)

After consulting with dentists it was pointed out to me each time that doing orthodontics on an adult might offer less than desired results. I am now looking into veneers, the high cost is making me wonder if its possible to only get on the teeth that bother me most? My main goal is to have a straighter smile and the front two teeth are the only ones I hate and bother me and they are the first thing people notice about me. I'm not looking for a celebrity smile just to feel normal.

Veneers on 2 Front Teeth

+2

You can definitely limit the treatment to the front 2 teeth. Just realize that there will be compromise in the final cosmetic result. 

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

How many veneers are necessary

+2

Everything is possible, but is it wise ? 

Your upper jaw is restricted in space,  and does not have enough room for all your teeth to line up. This is the original cause that your two front teeth as large as they are compared to the rest of your teeth Is  facially and mesially angled.( sticking out, and overlapped). So how can you fit the two front teeth in an arch that is already compromised? So can you veneer two front teeth? yes, BUT the teeth have to be so far shaved down that you will risk root canal and what you will end up with are two very narrow front teeth which will not look attractive at all.

I do not know why ANYONE would tell you not to get braces. That should be your the primary thing to do, then I suggest doing some reduction on the gum line to reduce the gummy look, and then 6-8 veneers to put all teeth in proper proportion. now you do not have to do alI suggested , but with orthodontics you can correct you narrow arch. 

Veneers CAN correct crooked teeth, I have many of examples on my website's photo gallery of cases that I have straightened the teeth with veneers, But in most of those cases I have done the entire upper arch or at least 8 teeth,

Good luck. 

Soheyla Marzvaan, DDS
Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Can I just get two veneers?

+2

Yes keep in mind the more you do the better it looks and more natural but you can even do only one veneer but looking at the phots 2,4,6 would most likely solve your problem good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD      CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Two Veneers Only on Front Teeth

+2

One of the biggest challenges when limiting treatment to only the two front teeth , is getting those veneers to harmonize, both in shape and colour, with your other top teeth.

Think in terms of space that is available in this area ( say those two teeth were no there). The space available, between the two side teeth (laterals) may not be enough to allow your dentists and ceramist to produce a Porcelain tooth that looks natural. The two new teeth may look too narrow and long. There are ways to check this before you have any work done at all through Diagnostic tools - Impressions, models, photos etc.

Limited space means limited control of the final outcome. 

With only two teeth treated you will also have no control over colour. if you want those two teeth to look like they are natural, they will have to be the same colour as your current teeth. If you are happy with the colour of your teeth then this is obviously not an issue.

The best outcomes with Veneers and Smile Designs are when your dentist has full control over shape, size, colour, position etc and this generally involves all the teeth you see when you smile. ( often 10 -12 upper teeth)

Whether you choose Orthodontics or Smile design with Veneers/Crowns or a combination of both I believe the best results will come from treating more than just the front two teeth. Orthodontics may be your best choice if you only want to straighten the teeth out. 

Paul Newitt, BSc, DMD
Vancouver Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers on 2 or more teeth?

+1

It is possible to give 2 veneers on your front teeth, but seeing the pictures, it does not seem advisable. You have a restricted arch form, hence the positioning of your central incisors. I would suggest more that 2 venners, as they will be more esthetic in your case. Preferrably 4-6 will be better, as they ill allow the ceramist to give a more natural shape to the teeth.

Hope this helps.

Shivangi Gajwani Jain, MDS
India Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign

+1

You can get a great, natural result with Invisalign. Adult orthodontics are very popular these days especially using clear aligner therapy.  Ask your dentist for an Invisalign consultation to learn more about it!

Lilya Horowitz, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Everyone is Right

+1

I would recommend orthodontics and then veneers. Otherwise you will be miserable. It would be difficult to get the results you want and the tooth proportions would be off.

Andrew E. Rudnick, DMD
West Palm Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers or Invisalign?

+1

I do not think veneers are the answer for you. You have one front tooth that is very large and one that is smaller and crooked along with a lateral that is not right. You  would have a rough time with veneers with a lot of grinding down to try to match the teeth. Veneers will not correct the crooked teeth!  Your best bet would be to try Six Month Smiles!  It is clear wires and braces and it is much cheaper than a full ortho case or invisalign.  I would go and check out Six Month Smiles which can be completed in Six Months for half of the prices of invisalign. It only fixes your smile and that is what you are looking for!

George Koutsoukos, DDS
Valencia Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers on Front 2 Teeth Only

+1

Anything is possible! The question is what you will be happy with. My first choice would be adult orthodontics, possibly Invisalign. Not only are the front 2 teeth crooked, but the gum levels are very different as well. I think you should look into the ortho first.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist

Ortho on adults is GREAT

+1

Not sure why they said ortho on an adult is a bad idea.  I think it is great, we do it all the time.  You CAN do just two veneers, but getting the colors and shape to match may be a challenge.  The more you do, the better the result, as this allows the dentist and lab more control of the overall look.  Four may be a better option.

A rule of thumb is to veneer all teeth that appear in a smile for the best result.  If fewer are done (due to budget, time or whatever), then the results can still be nice, but it IS a compromise so expectations should be tempered.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist