How Many Times Should You Get Sculptra Before Deciding if is Working or Not?

I have had Sculptra done 2 times, 2 vials each time. The 1st time I had no real results. The 2nd time, I have seen a little volume in the temples, under eyes (although not injected directly under the eyes) & on jaw line. My cheek bones look more pronounced & it almost looks as if I lost some volume in the middle of my face underneath the cheek bones. Is this possible? How many times would you get Sculptra before deciding if it is working or not? What other fillers would give me volume?

How many Sculptra treatments are necessary?

+1

Each physician may have their own guidelines they follow with Sculptra where they obtain the best results.  In general, Sculptra provides the most benefits when injected over multiple treatments, and the treatment sessions are generally spaced four weeks apart. It really depends on:

1)  The areas addressed
2)  The amount of volume loss.
3)  The patient's individual goals

It typically takes the 3rd treatment to begin to see the difference.  Since Sculptra stimulates your body to create new collagen, you will slowly see the results over a couple of weeks.  I would be patient, and I think you will get a great result.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra results

+1

We absolutely love using Sculptra in our practice.  We recommend a minimum of three treatments 4 to 6 weeks apart for optimal results.  The amount of Sculptra used during each treatment is dependent on the individual client.  If you are looking for more instant results, we would recommend a filler product like Radiesse or Juvederm.  However, Sculptra provides a longer lasting and more natural result.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra Treatment Sessions and Results

+1

Sculptra works to replace lost collagen in a series of treatments administered by a Sculptra trained physician. On average, three injection sessions are needed over a period of a few months. The number of injection sessions and the number of injections per session vary from person to person.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

How many Sculptra treatments are necessary to see results

+1

In a recent study, patients having one to two Sculptra treatment sessions rated their correction as good to excellent 48% of the time. After three treatment sessions this percentage rose to 50%. After four treatment sessions this percentage rose to 67%. After five treatment sessions this percentage rose to 75%. The best alternative to Sculptra is Radiesse for instant results, but they won't be as long lasting as Sculptra.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Treatments

+1

Sculptra Aesthetic is a great product, but takes at least three treatments for a full effect - and sometimes more.  Sculptra works differently than other "fillers" in that Sculptra induces your body to grow new tissue in response the injections.  It is normal to not see much of a difference after the first treatment.  This treatment is basically just laying the foundation.  The difference is seen after the second and third treatments.  Most patients require one to two vials per treatment.  However, every patient is different and the treatments need to be customized to the patient's needs. 

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Sculptra results

+1

On average, it takes 3 treatments to see optimal results but many factors are involved including:

1.  Age of the person

2.  Exercise: people who exercise > 1 to 2 hours a day require more treatments.

3.  Weight loss could affect the results.

You will continue to see results up to 6 months post last treamtent.  I have patients complete a series of 3 treatments and then do a follow up in 2 to 6 months to see if a 4th treatment is necessary.  This avoids over correction.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon