Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Nose? (photo)

I'm not sure if the word "bulbous" is the appropriate word to use to describe my nose but the best way to describe what I am unhappy with is the bubble type look I have at the tip of my nose. I would like to make that "bubble look" go away, by somehow narrowing/thinning the sides. I am so scared for it to look unnatural if I were to get the surgery.. so I figured I'd ask professionals if they think my nose would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty operation. Your comments/advice are appreciated

Best Treatment for Bulbous Nasal Tip

+2

Hi CJL,

Yes, you do have a bulbous nasal tip.  In the hands of a skilled and well trained rhinoplasty surgeon a rhinoplasty will result in a natural, un-operated upon nose.  So yes, you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty, but do your homework and choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

A "bulbous" nasal tip just means its too round for your face

+2

Your nasal tip appears to be a bit too round and full for your face. Surgery by an experienced rhinoplasty expert can usually improve the appearance of your nose yet leaving it looking natural. I find that with concerned individuals, computer imaging is great for visualizing potential results. You should also look at your doctors' before and afters to make sure their aethetics and results meets your requirements.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty for Bulbous Nose?

+2

Yes you have a bulbous tip. Best to be seen in person by boarded surgeons in NYC. You might only need a tip rhinoplasty. 

Bulbous tip, broad alar base, thick skin

+2

From the photograph you provided there are several contributing factors apparent.  Rather than describing your tip as bulbous, it would be more accurately described as amorphous or lacking shape.  This usually occurs because of weaker nasal tip cartilage and thicker skin on the tip.  Each of these abnormalities can be addressed during a rhinoplasty.  Support can be added to improve the architectural definition and the skin envelope can be then subtly.  Refinement of your tip can be achieved without a surgical, unnatural, appearance.  In a nose like yours it is sometimes necessary to narrow the base of the nostrils.  I would encourage you to get several consultations.  In New York City this is easy to accomplish because there are numerous qualified surgeons.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulbous tip

+2

With a bulbous tip you m ay have two things going on. You look like you have very thick tissues. The other possibility is that the cartilages of the tip are splayed apart. With only one photo view it is difficult to completely tell.

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty

+2

Dear CJL21,

Your bulbous tip can definitely be refined with rhinoplasty

When you are ready, seek out a couple of rhinoplasty surgeons for a consultation

There, all of your concerns can be addressed

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty to Reduce Bulbous Nose

+2

A closed rhinoplasty (no external scars) can be performed to reduce the size of the tip in a very efficient manner.  I think you would be a good candidate and would likely achieve the results you seek.

Rhinoplasty for bulbuous nose

+1

The bulbous tip can be corrected with a combination of both removal of cartilage from the tip of the nose and suturing the tip cartilages together to make a more narrow and refined tip.  It is also important to make sure that the remainder of the nose and that the new tip is balanced. Feel free to look at other examples of patients similar to yours on our web site.

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Looking at the one view, I would say you might benefit from at least a tip rhinoplasty procedure to reduce the bulbous appearance of the nose. This can often times be done with very natural looking results. I have provided a link below where you can learn more details about this specific type of rhinoplasty. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon