Is this likely to be a hematoma? (photo)

Hola! 3 days out of a subcutaneous neck lift, I felt a flash of pain and heat on the left side of my neck. The area was very painful to the touch. Almost immediately a round spot of swelling appeared (size of a tbsp.). I taped the area and tried to keep it warm. When the tape came off I had a minor haemorrhage, and a bit of a 'thickened spot'. This is how it looks currently, 11 days post-op. My surgeon says nothing is wrong but has not been able to see me. Is this a hematoma? Thank you!

Hematoma after facelift

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph. There may be a small collection of blood in the area of your neck but it certainly is not a large hematoma. The most important person to advise you about this is your plastic surgeon who has the advantage of examining you directly. If you are concerned you must return your plastic surgeon and specifically asked him to address this issue.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/face-lift/

After Subcutaneous Necklift - Hematoma or Not?

+1

It is difficult to make a distinct diagnosis based on the provided photo alone but it could represent a small localized collection of blood or postsurgical swelling alone. Try to see your facelift surgeon soon; the in-person examination cannot and should not be replaced.

Web reference: http://www.faceliftboston.com/comprehensive-facial-rejuvenation.htm

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Hematoma?

+1

Hola Marian,

Frequent examinations after surgery should be made with a visual inspection, and a tactile examination. It is best to see a plastic surgeon in person for an accurate answer. With that in mind, the image of just your left side looks ok, but like I said, that is not enough information to tell you that you don't have a hematoma.

Is this likely to be a hematoma?

+1

Based upon the posted photos I doubt it is a hematoma. But only in person examination would allow a correct determination.//

Facelift recovery - Los Angeles

+1

I perform many facelift procedures. Medical examinations after surgery should be made with a history, a visual examination, and a tactile examination. Sometimes diagnostic ultrasound can also help with the answer.

In other words, it is best to see a plastic surgeon in person to obtain your answer.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Web reference: http://karemd.com/plastic-surgery/63/facelift--necklift.aspx