Liposuction, Mini Tummy Tuck or Full Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Hi, I had 2 C-Sections, and I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. The problem is my stomach, I really need to know what type of surgery I need to fix this. So far on plastic surgeon has suggested tummy tuck, what do you think? What is a reasonable price for it? I live In metro NY.

Tummy TucK Helpful After Pregnancy To Restore Body Contour

+3

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos.  Congratulations on the birth of your child!  Unfortunately, as you know pregnancy is not kind to some women's bodies.  It can stretch the muscle fascia, skin and cause stretch marks and hanging skin in some cases. It can cause weight gain also.  You are fortunate that you have returned to your pre-pregnancy weight but you do have some residual intra-abdominal fat.  You also do not have a lot of skin laxity.  For best results, you would benefit from an additional 10-15 lb weight loss with diet and exercise to lose the intraabdominal fat.  A tummy tuck would then help to tighten the rectus abdominus muscles restoring a flat contour to the abdomen, the excess skin with stretch marks would then be removed and umbilical refinement performed. If you do not lose the intra-abdominal fat and proceed with a tummy tuck, you may not get as much flattening as you desire and it can lead to a square looking waist line. Hope this helps!  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck vs Liposuction

+3

Based on your pictures (and assuming you are not planning on more pregnancies), a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening would be the best choice if you are willing to accept the scar.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

+2

You appear to have some abdominal wall laxity and skin excess which will benefit from a tummy tuck. A physical examination would be most helpful

Full vs. Mini Tummy Tuck

+2

People who have especially slack skin in their midsection need more than what liposuction alone can offer. Typical candidates for a full tummy tuck are women with drooping abdomens after pregnancy, women and men who've lost a great deal of weight, menopausal women, or older people with loose skin due to age. In the tummy tuck, the skin from the rib cage down to the pelvic area is tightened, and the navel is moved up and secured in a new positon.

A mini-tummy tuck is especially effective for people who look pretty good from the navel up. The main difference between the 2 procedures is that the mini-tummy tuck doesn't require moving or reconstructing the navel and the incision is shorter than the one made in a full tummy tuck.

Full tummy tuck

+2

Thank you for the pictures.  It looks like you woulde benefit from a full tummy tuck.  The incision can be placed below the c-section scar and usually spans from hip bone to hip bone.  You might also have a small umbilical hernia that can be fixed at the time of surgery to pull your belly button back in.  I hope this helps you and best of luck.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Web reference: https://www.richmondplasticsurgery.com

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

+2

I would reccomend a full tummy tuck so as to repair your muscle from your ribcage down to the pubis, otherwise you will continue to pooch.  In terms of cost, I am not familar with pricing in New York. Good luck.

Which procedure is best for you?

+2

Based on your photos and story, I think a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the love handles would be the best option for you.  I cannot speak to the costs of this in New York but it will generally be higher than what people pay in the rest of the United States and what you see posted here.

Mini or Full Tummy Tuck?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your history and photographs, I think you will be best of undergoing a full tummy tuck operation. Of course, precise advice would require in person consultation.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Liposuction, Mini Tummy Tuck or Full Tummy Tuck

+2

This question is far better answered in person in the setting of a consultation. Based upon the photos alone, I would probably suggest a full TT. There is excess skin and loss of abdominal wall contour involving the entire abdomen. A mini-TT will only treat the lower abdomen, and lipo will not correct the bulge.

Expect fees of about $10,000.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Individual assessment for lipo vs mini or full tummy tuck

+1

Keep in mind that the only way to know which option is best for you needs to come from an in-person consultation. Most of the time after pregnancy a full tummy tuck will give the best result, and I would be skeptical of any suggestion that laser lipo will tighten the skin enough to give similar results, and it is also likely that you would need a muscle repair. Lipo may be a part of the plan however for contouring of adjacent areas.