How Can I Improve my Nose? (photo)

Hi, I'm a 26 year old male considering rhinoplasty. I've had septoplasty twice in the past before. My septum was crooked and had to be fixed due to damage due to sport. I hate that my nose droops when I smile and that it is quite fleshy and bulbuos at the tip. The profile has no hump as you can see, but it droops at the tip quite a bit. My face is quite long so I don't know what nose would suit me. Any tips?

Droopy nasal tip

+1

It is difficult to see the whole nasal profile but the tip, and columella, appear to need lifting and rotating. Men will sometimes want a strong bridge and shortening the appearance the nose might be helpful. It is all about achieving balance within the nose and with your face. Imaging and consultation is important to review these concerns and to most importantly, to understand your expectations. Our Vectra XT three dimensional imager can be helpful with this. 

Tip revision following rhinoplasty

+1

An open tip rhinoplasty will help modify and fine tune the tip, decreasing drooping, length and width.

Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

How Can I Improve my Nose?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the nose is long due to under-rotation of the nasal tip. The tip and supra-tip are (above the tip) is a bit wide.  A Tip-plasty, without a full Rhinoplasty would be able to address these issues.  Hope this helps.

Improving Male Nose

+1

It is difficult to see your profile in the pictures but I don't think any changes are necessary. Your tip can be reduced and also elevated to decrease the length of nose. I would elevate the tip so you have about a 90 degree angle between the upper lip and the columella.

Rhinoplasty Consultation is Necessary for proper Diagnosis

+1

Dear Vincent, I would suggest a rhinoplasty consultation and direct examination to fully answer your question. Your tip could use some modifications that would allow better aesthetic harmony with your features. In consultation I use a digital imaging computer which allows me to show my patients their proposed surgical result and discuss what surgically needs to be done to procure those results. This is very helpful in allowing the patient to see what these modifications would look like. I also have hundreds of before and after photographs with the proposed imaging photos to show how close in proximity the proposed result and final surgical result are. This may be a helpful process during your consultations. It is very important in all rhinoplasty and especially male rhinoplasty to keep the nose in aesthetic harmony to the facial features allowing a masculine yet more refined appearance to the nose. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD