I had rhinoplasty 28 days and my nose is still crooked and I still have a hard hump? (photo)

Will this improve or should I be concern? I'm really concerned with my new nose. It still looks a bit crooked. When I got the cast removed there was a little bump but now it's visible and it feels like a bone. When pressed down it feels like a bruise. I'm really concern since I always hated my nose.

+2

Appears as a very very nice EARLY result... Healing takes "months"! See your surgeon to discuss time frame of healing..//

Allow more time for nose to heal and reach final contour.

+2

1 month is early to tell how the final contour of your nose will be. From your photos your nasal shape and contour is very good and much improved. The small bump you are concerned about may resolve over the next 2-3 months as the tissues heal and soften, so be patient. Your nose is much straighter than the pre op photo and an exactly perfectly straight nose is not a realistic expectation and may not be achievable.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

I had rhinoplasty 28 days and my nose is still crooked and I still have a hard hump?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Nose Still Crooked After Rhinoplasty

+1

The nose takes quite a bit of time to fully heal from rhinoplasty, so one month is too early to determine the final result. Much of what you describe could simply be caused by the normal swelling and bruising experienced after surgery. If after a year you are still unsatisfied, then you may want to consider a revision surgery.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD