Do I Need Chin Implant Surgery for my Retruded Chin and Protruded Mouth? (photo)

I feel like whenever I look at myself that I barely have a chin and that I have big lips which accentuates my lack of a chin. What surgery exists for me?

Chin Implant and Submental Liposuction

+3

Dear Jaxmaxwax,
Your photographs indicate that you would benefit from a chin implant. Chin augmentation would help in bringing your features into aesthetic harmony.  Under direct examination I may suggest submental liposuction which would further define your jaw line. I use digital imaging during my consulting process which allows the patient to see their proposed surgical result. The imaging computer would allow you to see how the proposed chin augmentation will align your profile.  I hep this was helpful and thank you for your inquiry. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Chin implant for receding chin

+3

Your pictures do appear to indicate that you would be a potential candidate for chin augmentation.  I would be careful in not getting an implant that moves your chin too far forward though, as I think this was cause some imbalance to your face.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and neck

+2

Indeed you have a bit of a weak chin which can be improved with a small silastic chin implant.  Submental liposuction will give a more defined jawline and accentuate the new chin.  Both can be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure

Chin implant for lower facial proportions

+1

Based on your photos, you do seem to be a good candidate for chin implant placement.

With you skin type, if you have any history of poor scarring, you may consider placing the implant from inside your mouth rather than risk an incision under your chin healing poorly.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Chin Implant Surgery for my Retruded Chin and Protruded Mouth?

+1

Yes a chin enhancement could help improve your appearance. I might consider fat grafting before a silastic implant though. Seek in person evaluations. 

Chin Implant for Retruded Chin

+1

A retruding chin can be improved with a chin implant and can reduce the appearance of protruding lips.

Well-performed chin implant surgery may improve the appearance of your retrusive chin.

+1

I reviewed your concerns and your photos.

Your large lips are attractive, in my opinion, and I agree that you have a bit of a retrusive, weak chin. You may benefit from a consultation with a reputable surgeon to discuss the suitability of chin implant surgery and neck liposuction. Computer imaging may be helpful for you to visualize what to expect after well-performed surgery.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon