3 months post op and I believe my nose might still be deviated: Should I start planning on getting a revision? (Photo)

I'm almost 4 months post op. I feel that my nose still looks crooked and i have a dent on the bridge of my nose.

4 months post rhinoplasty

+2
First, no rhinoplasty is perfect and some deviation is inevitable with all septal work because no one can get it perfectly straight. In addition, at 4 months you likely still have swelling. Best to see your surgeon to discuss if concerned.

Deviated septum following corrective rhinoplasty

+2
Thank you for your question. I concur with your previous advice about returning to the previous plastic surgeon. As there are numerous rhinoplasty techniques, he/she would know best. At your current stage you still do have an element of swelling which needs to be factored in as well. This swelling could take upwards of one year to fully subside.  I hope this helps you and good luck.

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Diplomat-American Board of Surgery
Diplomat-American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Nose deviated after surgery what to do?

+2
Rather than start to plan a revision, I would revisit the surgeon who did your surgery and ask about your concerns.  There is still swelling at 3 months.  The surgeon will know what has been done and what is expected at this interval.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon