Looking for Breast Implant Surgeon with Affordable Prices in NYC?

I'm in the process of looking for a board certified surgeon who can offer silicone Breast implants at an affordable price. I have a budget of about $6K but I think I can make it more flexible. The problem is that it's hard to find that kind of pricing in NYC?

Plastic surgery clinic good for breast implants.

+3

Hi.

With a good private plastic surgeon in Manhattan, breast augmentation will cost you at least $9000. We train residents and fellows at Lenox Hill Hospital who do very good work under supervision, and there it will cost you about $4000.

Affordable Breast Implants

+2

It is important to consider cost with any surgery - but make sure that cost is not the only factor in your decision to choose a doctor. Remember the common expression "The cheap comes out expensive."

The way to avoid costs associated with correcting complications of having revisional surgery is to have the surgery done the right way the first time.

So, while prices have dropped slightly, most board certified plastic surgeons in NYC will charge at least $7500 for Breast augmentation. As the other doctors have explained, the cost to the surgeon for breast augmentation is quite high, when you add the cost of the implants and the facility and anesthesia fee.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Breast Implants - You get what you pay for.

+2

In an ideal world, you could get the implants for 6K; however, lets look at costs. Silicone implants cost us 2000, the OR fee is around 1000 and anesthesia is about the same - that makes 4000 overhead. Most physicians consider $2000 too little for the surgery and the risks involved.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Affordable breast implants

+2

Hi P4percut-

In the NYC area it'll be tough finding someone who can do breast augmentation for less than $6K. Unfortunately, silicone breast implants are expensive (cost to surgeon around $1700-$1800). When you add facility, anesthesia and surgeon's fees, you quickly get above $6K. The range is probably $7500-$10000). In this economy, surgeon's fees have come down and financing has also become cheaper so now is a great time to look into aesthetic surgery. Good luck!

Dr. Singer

Elan B. Singer, MD

Regional cost variation for breast augmentation

+2

You are a breast augmentation candidate in one of the most expensive communities in the world- it should not surprise you that cost for breast augmentation in NYC is substantially more expensive than in other communities.

If your budget is $6k and you've got a little wiggle room, consider approaching the plastic surgery training programs in your area (NYU, for example) and inquiring about the 'resident's clinic'- you may find that a surgeon-in-training could do your breast augmentation under the supervision of a experienced, board-certified attending surgeon. You would save substantially on the surgeon's fee, but likely pay full-price for facility, implant and anesthesia fees.

Another suggestion is to seek out a surgeon in another community, but be advised that you may have to travel once again to manage any complications.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Affordable Breast Augmentatin

+1
Couple of options - one being: financing, I recommenced contacting Care Credit or a similar well establish lending institution for cosmetic surgery. In the long run of course it will cost you more because of interest charges.

Choosing a plastic surgeon because of his/her cheap price is fraught with danger and selects in particular for non board certified surgeons often not even plastic surgeons who are advertising. One thing you might look for is an academic training center where plastic surgery residents supervised by their professors may have a "residents clinic" with steeply discounted rates. Be careful.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast augmentation

+1

The fees in NYC are a bit more than $6000. In most facilities in NYC and with implants ( assuming silicone) it could run about $3500-$4000, and that does not included he surgeon's fee.  Good luck.

Looking for Breast Implant Surgeon with Affordable Prices in NYC

+1

Discounted plastic surgery may be available when landlords, cleaning crews, biomedical engineers, malpractice insurance, implant manufacturers, etc offer reduced fees. Unfortunately this is not so, prices continue to rise, especially in NYC.

Breast Implants in NYC

+1

The pricing for Breast augmentation like many other things can be higher in cities vs urban areas. The costs to the plastic surgeon are higher in NYC than in areas outside the city.

You should shop around outside NYC if you are finding the prices out of your budget. Having the surgery done elsewhere, even with the cost of travel and an overnight stay sometimes are substantially less than NYC.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and pricing

+1

Hi, it is a little hard to find this price for everything in NYC. I would recommend starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's web site to find a listing of board-certified surgeons in your area. Most of us are going to quote a price between 8-10K which includes everything -- surgeon's fee, hospital, anesthesia, and implants. Some of us do offer financing through Care Credit as well. If you really can't afford this pricing, you could look into one of teaching clinics at Manhattan Eye and Ear Hospital, but keep in mind that your surgery would be done by a resident rather than by a fully-trained plastic surgeon. I hope this helps, best wishes.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS