New York Breast Impants Explant Versus Redo with Smaller Implants? Fat Transfer?

I am 26 y/o Asian female, 4'10 3/4'', 115lbs. I recently had breast augmentation done on 12/9/2010. Mentor 34A to 34C (325cc bilaterally gummy bear). I can tell that I have mild to moderate capsular contracture of the R implant. I am considering removing them completely since future risk of contracture is the same. Also, If I were to remove them will they go back to normal size? If they do not would Fat transfer help?

Breast augmentation revision

+1

Breast augmentation may result in capsular contracture, and removal of breast implants will not produce the exact appearance your breasts had prior to surgery. If you have a capsular contracture, additional procedures to address the abnormal capsule may be indicated. Consultation with your own plastic surgeon, or another board certified plastic surgeon, is very important before you consider any additional surgery. Since you are already seven months post-op, sufficient time may have elapsed for you to undergo a revision, with or without implant replacement.

Removing breast implants may require a lift afterward

+1

It hasn't been that long since your augmentation, so I would wait and massage the breasts more to help with the contracture.  If you still want the implants removed, you may need a small lift around the areolas to help with aesthetics.

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/PhotoGallery_BreastAugmentation_211370.aspx.com

Breast implants

+1

Gummy Bear implants from Mentor, here in the US are the LUMERA implants. To my knowledge they are not available unless you had Lumera implants to replace.

Before you make your final decision regarding what to do next. Explore all your options, meet and consult at least 3 BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEONS. Gather all the information and the pros and cons of each option along with the risks, then make your decision.

The pictures show a slightlt higher implant on the right. Possible capsular contracture.

your options

1: capsulectomy and replacement of implants, choose the right implant, silicone, saline , projection, size,

2: Explant and do nothing. Be carefull, make sure what are the consequences, size, shape scaring, deformity

3: Explant and fat transfer. What are the pros and cons, interferance with mammogram, microcalcifications, stem cells and what is their destiny.

After you understand all your options then make your decision. Do not make a hasty decision

Revision breast augmentation should really help you.

+1

Hi.

1)  Just from your pictures, here some ideas   I would not just take them out.  I doubt you would be happy. Also, contracture does not usually come back, although of course it can.   Gummy bear implants not great idea for you.  And I think you are a little too big, which does not look natural (on either side), and increases risk of contracture.

2)  Maybe capsulectomies and replacement with slightly smaller, round, smooth walled, moderate plus profile, cohesive silicone gel implants.  ?275cc's.   Sterile implant sizers need to be used during surgery to see exactly which implant looks best.

3)  Fat transfer for you is very controversial, experimental, and possibly dangerous.  Would not do it.

4)  Can do revision any time (over six months since surgery).