Am I bottoming out? (photo)

I'm only 19 days post op & am concerned that my left breast is too soft & low bc my right is still pretty firm & not as easy to move around. I had my inframammary creases lowered + Mastopexy + 400cc mod plus silicone implants to correct tuberous deformity.

Am I bottoming out after lift with augmenation

+1

From the photos you posted, it doesn't appear that you are bottoming out. You look like you are healing well and on track at almost 3 weeks post op. Continue to follow up with your surgeon and follow post op instructions and give yourself some time to heal before re-evaluation. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation issues

+1

It is way too early in your post-op course. Based solely on the photos, you look ok, and I would give it time to heal.

Breast Augmentation : Bottoming Out or Not?

+1

I agree with the other doctors who have responded so far. It is too early to tell, but the good news is that there is no evidence so far.

Bottoming out is a complication of breast surgery that can vary in its cause and treatment.

With breast augmentation, it is typically where the implant drops too low and gives the appearance of a high nipple. Treatment is aimed at raising the implant by suturing the pocket.

With breast reduction or lift operations, the breast can bottom out where the patient gets a slow stretching or hanging of the breast at the inferior aspects. This is treated by revision surgery and elevating or removing the droopy tissue.

Fortunately, these situations don't apply to you and all looks well.

Follow up regularly with your doctor. It looks like he did a great job!

Dr Chris Saunders

West Chester Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out?

+1

First of all, based on what I see in your photos, I don't see any evidence of 'bottoming out'. But just so you understand the terminology, bottoming out simply means that your volume is moving more 'below the nipple' than we want. Ideally, the bulk of your volume should be behind your nipple. Bottoming out is very different than a 'double bubble'. With a double bubble you will visibly notice your implant being separate from your breast at the bottom. Bottoming out, on the other hand, involves your implant moving lower than desired. This causes too much volume between your areola and your infra-mammary fold...and therefore causes your nipple to rotate up.

In any case, this isn't evident in the photos you provided...and it's a bit too early for this anyway.

I hope this helps!

...Dr. Newman

Breast Surgery

+1

Since you are so soon from surgery you have actual bottoming out of the implant falling below the breast and fold. That being said you may have a collection or seroma you should see your PS

Bottoming out

+1

Good question but just 19 days post-op is way too soon to see bottoming out. I suspect all will be fine.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast Bottoming Out

+1

Thank you for your pictures and question. Based on the pictures only it does not appear that your left breast is 'bottoming-out.'

'Bottoming-out' refers to the condition when the lower part of the breast begins to stretch out quite a bit resulting in a breast in which the nipple-areola looks like it is positioned very high and that most of the breast is below the nipple-areola. Usually, your natural breast crease is disrupted and pushed much lower than it should be.

In the ideal breast, the nipple-areola would be positioned at the center of a circle (think of the breast as having a roughly circular shape) with half of the breast above and half of the breast below the nipple-areola

Web reference: http://www.drlouisdeluca.com

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon