For a patient that is already lean/fit that wants to look more toned and have their natural abs bulge out (NOT have 6/8 fat pads and fake lines made to look like abs). which is the best technology, tumescent liposuction or Laser/ Vaser lipo? To make the natural abs bulge you are removing the most amount of fat (leave in 1/4 inch safety) but taking more fat then doing traditional abdominal etching which leaves round fat pads over the abs, Which technology 1) best results and 2) safest ?
Abdominal Etching- for the Already Thin Person - Laser or Traditional Lipo?
Doctor Answers (6)
Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.
Which Liposuction Machine is Used Makes NO Difference to Your Results.
The best results for Abdominal 6-Pack Etching, as with any procedure, are obtained by going to a surgeon who is good at performing that procedure. It is the Surgeon who provides the results.... NOT the machine! Plastic Surgery is an art. The machines that we use are just instruments or tools. It is what we do with them that creates the results. I have used many different liposuction machines. I have not found a single one that provides "better results". They do however have different risk factors. When you add the additional power of "ultrasonic or laser" you definitely increase risks. I have been creating 6-packs for years. Which machine I have used has made no difference.
Abdominal wall etching
Most important decision you need to make is the plastic surgeon who does your procedure and not the modality they use. Having said that, if you have loose skin, combination of ultrasonic and laser will improve the tightening you would get after liposution. Again the sculting done by the operatoing surgeon is what gives you the final results. Look for post operative outcomes of the surgeons you meet as potential results you could have.
Technique is the same but be sure your surgeon is experienced with the technique.
- Keep your incision scars low so that it is hidden in the smallest bathing suit
- Have your surgeon use Xeralto or Lovenox to reduce your risk of blood clots
- Use incrimental compression garments during and after surgery to reduce risk of leg blood clots
- The surgeon places the marks when you are standing and abdominal muscles are flexed
- I prefer power assisted liposuction but there are a few talented surgeons using Vaser
- Your surgeon gently shape your abdominal flap to create a more athletic appearance and muscular contour
- Etching is aggressive fat removal to enhance six pack grooves
- Foam padding is used in the etched areas to improve the early results
- Begin post operative massage one to two weeks after surgery to speed recovery
- Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon and visit several offices
- Choose a surgeon with good experience, doing more than 100 per year
- Internet discussions do not replace the advice of your physician
You might also like...
Liposuction and Abdominal Definition
The etching does not have to be performed in the manner you are talking about, and conventional liposuction will yield great results. Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA
Traditional vs Laser Liposuction
Thank you for your question. In general, laser liposuction will provide you with the best results because of its dual action to remove unwanted fat and tightening of the skin at the same time. There is a new procedure our practice has introduced, the first of its in the US where we do 4-D laser liposuction to etch and sculpt to create these abs. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in liposuction for an evaluation and for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.
Abdominal Etching- What technique is Best
Tumescent liposuction with the micro canulas is by far the best to give the most muscle definition. Only the small canulas can remove the fat down close to the skin and muscle showing the best definition with the least risks and having the procedure done under local anesthesia allows patients to stand up and turn in all positions comfortable to be able for the doc to make sure everything is smooth and symmetrical. Don't risk the problems associated with laser or ultrasound liposuctions or the fake abdominal etching where you are left with fat ridges that will only embarrass you. Sincerely,