Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I feel my nose is very bulbous! When I began noticing how big it comes out in pictures when not posing my confidence level dropped drastically. I no longer enjoy taking pictures for fear of bad angles/lighting. I also have trouble breathing through my left nostril and have a poor sense of smell. I'd really like a dainty nose, cute and pointy but I feel like my face is too fat (for lack of a better word)/round for a little nose like that. Would rhinoplasty be a good option for me?

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+2

Overall, your nose fits your face well.   Your tip can be refined if you would like with a closed rhinoplasty.  It is hard to tell without a profile view, but your tip may have a little more projection than you like, which can remedied as well.   Just find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year for an evaluation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

A rhinoplasty and septoplasty can improve both breathing and appearance

+1

Thank you for the question.  You are a good rhinoplasty candidate if you have things you dont like about your nose and your expectations are healthy/normal.  In addition, it sounds like you also have some functional problems with your nose.  A formal evaluation and examination would be needed before a definitive rhinoplasty and potentially septoplasty plan developed.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided, the nose appears long (tip under-rotated) with a wide nasal tip.  Rhinoplasty would refine the nose by shaping those areas.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty for a bulbous tip

+1

The pictures do show a bulbous tip present which can be addressed through a combination of tip suturing techniques, and  conservative cartilage removal. The overall projection of the nose can be also brought back, to be in further balance with  your facial features.A septoplasty can be performed at the same time out of medical necessity to improve the breathing out of  your nose, if a deviated septum is present. Virtual rhinoplasty software  is available on our website  for you to try  to see what your new nose might look like. Please see the link below for bulbous nasal tips we have repaired in our practice.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/boxytip_photos04.html

Rhinoplasty makes the nose more delicate.

+1

Hi.

You are a very pretty girl, and look like a great candidate for rhinoplasty.  Your tip is not bulbous, and I think a dainty nose would suit you.

Considering a rhinoplasty

+1

There are features of your nose that could be improved with a rhinoplasty.  If it is a procedure you are interested in you should educate yourself.  A consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon is mandatory.  At the time of a consultation computer imaging is a great educational tool.  

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip etc.

+1

You are a very good candidate for rhinoplasty. Your eyes are very pretty and can be enhanced by removing any slight bump you may have as well as refining your bulbous tip. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses for the best results

Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

Physically you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. Your tip is wide but i don't feel it is bulbous - the cartilage can be contoured with a nice result because your skin is not terribly thick. Improving nasal breathing should be part of your surgery. A minimal rhinoplasty to refine your nose and make it proportional with your surrounding facial features can be achieved by an experienced specialist. I need to see more pictures; go to my website for instructions on views to submit.

Patients with thin skin over the nasal tip are generally good candidate for rhinoplasty.

+1

If you really don't like the way your nose looks and are willing to undergo an operation to change that appearance you should do well with a rhinoplasty. Your nose does not overwhelm your face and the skin is sent over the nasal tip which could be conservatively reshaped.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,25-atlanta-rhinoplasty.htm