Is 3.5 Wks Post Op Too Early to Tell if Breasts Will Even out? (photo)

Hello I had 425cc mod + a few weeks ago and it seems like one breast is a different shape than the other, even a little smaller. I know the difference isn't huge thank god but I was just curious if this is "normal" still at this stage?

Asymmetry 3.5 weeks after Breast Augmentation

+2

It is definitely too soon to tell so don't spend too much time worrying about it.  I always tell my patients that the breasts don't know about each other and they take every minute of 1 month to settle down into the pocket and 3 months to loose all the swelling so that they are soft and breast-like again.  During the wait - all the little differences are normal.  Of course, you are asymmetric to start with (everybody is)so there will be some minimal differences afterwards as well - but while things are working themselves out - they will go through many changes.  You look great!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Is 3.5 Wks Post Op Too Early to Tell if Breasts Will Even out? (

+2

WOW! Great early result. Did you not see your slight asymmetry in the before photo? Well you really look good. 

3.5 weeks post Augment

+2

Hello there 

I find that the size takes about 6 weeks to finalize but that shape can take 3-4 months to evolve .

Breast asymmetry is almost universal . It is rarely if ever that I see a girl with symmetrical breasts . The difference is that after surgery you are looking a lot more closely than before .

Your early result looks excellent so I think you should be very pleased .

Cheers

Terrence Scamp

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry post-op is NORMAL, especially if you had asymmetry pre-op!

+2

Virtually every woman I have examined and operated on over the last 28 years as a plastic surgeon has pre-operative breast (and chest wall) asymmetry. This is evident in your kindly-supplied pre-op photos. Most women are not aware of it unless the degree of difference is great, but boy, do they get out the calipers and millimeter rulers post-op!

Surgical wounds swell, bruise, scar, and heal at different rates, even in the same woman, and "final" healing usually takes about 7 months [numerous human and animal studies], some more and some less.

But at 3 1/2 weeks you look perfectly normal (and with a very common degree of expected asymmetry that in most all cases will settle over the next weeks to months). But even when all healing and scar maturation, softening, and settling has completed by 6-12 months, you will still have some degree of residual asymmetry, especially since your surgeon used identical implants for each breast. The percentage of difference will be diminished, but still present.

So, don't worry at all and follow your surgeon's return to activity schedule. This will likely end up being a splendid result! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Early result following breast augmentation

+2

You are still very early in your post operative recovery and your breast will change in shape and usually the degree of symmetry will improve.  You started out with some degree of asymmetry and overall have a nice early result and seem right on target.  Give it a chance and it would seem that you will have a nice result.  

Breast asymmetry

+2
First, if you look at the preop photo, there was an underlying asymmetry so it is not surprising that you might have a postop difference between the breasts. This can be based on your underlying situation, including the width of the chest, or it could be the result of swelling that hasn't gone down evenly. Regardless, I must say that this is a very nice result.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast asymmetry

+2

Yes, you have normal breast asymmetry and what looks like a nice result.  Enjoy the results!  Good luck.

Breast Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

+2

No one person is perfectly symmetric before and after surgery.  You have a nice result.  Things will change still over time and I tell my patients that you can not judge your final result until at least 4 months after surgery.  So at this point patience is the key.  It is common to take notice of the smallest asymmetry as you are evaluating your newly done breasts.  Time is the key.  Congratulation on your surgery.  Hope this helps!!!

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Concerned about shape and volume 3.5 weeks after breast augmentation

+2

At this stage of recovery, you still have some changes that will occur with the appearance of your breasts as the postoperative swelling resolves and your breast skin and tissue adjust to the extra volume of the implants. Some additional "settling" will occur over the next several months. So, be patient. Despite your concerns, at 3 1/2 weeks you look great and have an excellent result. Thank you for sharing your photos and question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure; it appears that you will have a very nice outcome. Some degree of asymmetry is “normal”;  I tell all patients that the breasts will be “sisters, not twins”.

Enjoy the outcome of the procedure performed.