New Year Resolution, In Your Opinion How Can I Improve my Jaw Line? (photo)

Hi, I am 39 years old, male and had a chin augmentation 5 years ago (which I liked) and Filler a few times. I want to improve my jaw line, the middle and upper part of my face look very good. According to your experience, what advice can you give me? (not surgey please)

Jawline improvement

Your chin implant appears slightly mis-aligned. This can be replaced with an extended implant. You also have a slight jowl which can be micro-liposuctioned, and this would help. Between the chin and the jowl is the prejowl depression. This is best treated with an injectable, such as Juvederm UP, Sculptra or Artefill, which will last several years. Behind the jowl can also be injected. These injections will give you a straighter jaw line.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

410 Mall Blvd
Savannah, GA 31406

Improving Jaw line without Surgery

From your photographs, I think your concerns regarding your jaw line can be improved non-surgically. For many patients a combination of Ultherapy (focused ultrasound treatment) with Radiesse will provide an excellent improvement in the jaw line and upper neck contour. We refer to this as the "facial ultralift procedure." This is an in-office treatment that takes about an hour and offers no downtime.  The Radiesse will give you the volume you need and help define the jaw line while the Ultherapy will help sculpt and tighten the upper neck.  Though there are some good surgical options, this might be a good non-surgical approach.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in both injectables and the new Ultherapy technology. Good luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

1151 East Paris Ave., SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Improvement of Chin and Jawline

I would suggest replacement of your chin implant with an extended anatomic implant as well as minor liposuction to your neck and jowl areas.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

Some of the issue is the chin implant.

The chin implant looks a bit out of position.  However I am wondering you might benefit from a more anatomic style chin implant.  A facial plastic surgeon or a general plastic surgeon in your area can help you with this.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Chin Augmentation

The simplest way to augment the chin area non-surgically would be to inject a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm in this area.  Sculptra would also be a great non-surgical liquid face lift and last two years.  The neck and lower face could also be improved by Thermage.  Thermage would benefit you and is non-surgical with no down time.  It would tighten the area of the lower face.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with these injections and lasers.

Michele S. Green, MD

156 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075

Submental Smartlipo

Thank you for posting a photo. It looks as if you have stubborn fat under the chin that changes the contour of your face. Submental Smartlipo will remove the fat while tightening the skin. Please consult with your doctor to make sure you are a candidate.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

60 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022

How to improve your jawline

I agree that your chin implant should be replaced with an extended chin implant.

In addition laser-assisted liposuction can be done on the neck to remove excess fat and hopefully provide some tightening of the skin.  Of course a surgical neck lift will give you a much tighter and better result and will improve your jowling as well.

Liposuction in the jowl area below the corner of the mouth is dangerous because important nerves to the corners of your mouth can be damaged.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

195 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116

Treatment of the jowls

Dear florida305,

1. We offer a non-surgical jowl lift which removes the fat under local anesthetic in the office
  2. This would help straighten the jawline
  3. Any residual jowling can be covered up with filler injections

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

201 South Lasky Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Minimally Invasive Ways to Improve Jaw Line

Jowls and Pre-Jowl Concerns can be addressed without fillers by minimally invasive surgical techniques. Your  provided photos indicate that the following recommendations  might apply to you. For example if jowls are a problem and it is mostly a fat issue (rather than skin redundancy) then liposuction using a very tiny cannula is helpful. Likewise fat transfer (for example from the Jowls, below the chin or from the tummy) can be used to fill in the slight hollowing in the pre-jowl area (the depression between the chin and the jowl). If loose skin is an issue then a mini-facelift such as a Lite Lift, MACS, etc is helpful.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

In our practice we are finding Vaser Liposuction under and along the jaw line is giving great results for contouring and a more youthful angle. 

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

9025 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211