What is admiral stitching? admiral bars? In tummy tuck surgery.

Abdominal Muscle Suturing Pattern

+2

This undoubtably refers to the pattern of muscle fascial tightening suture lines which is a combined single vertical and multiple horizontal suture rows. Perhaps it appears like an admiral's insignia. This muscle suturing name appears to be unique to your surgeon although he/she was likely using it as a visual description. The name is unique but the technique is well known. 

+2

Although I have never heard the term before, I know what the admiral bars look like on the insignia an admiral would have on the uniform parallel stripes peaking at the center.  I trust it is a name, possibly a gimmicky one, of the pattern the surgeon uses to tighten the abdominal wall. Someone would need to prove its superiority to the other tightening patterns before I would think anything of it. 

All the best. 

Admiral stitching

+1

The consensus seems to be no one knows or is familiar with an Admiral suture.  Have your surgeon explain and enlighten us all.   Possibly he likes to admire-his-stitching.  

Admiral Bars

+1

I am not familiar with this technique nor is it reported in the literature from what I can see. If you obtain a good answer please let me know. Best of luck.

Khurram Rashid, MD
Peoria Plastic Surgeon

What is admiral stitching? admiral bars? In tummy tuck surgery

+1

HI, I did my cosmetic training at Manhattan Eye and Ear Hospital with all the top names in Plastic Surgery and I have never heard of admiral stitching or admiral bars in tummy tuck surgery.

+1

I did graduate from Harvard twice, but these stitch terms have not made it into my lexicon.    Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.    Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA 

I have never heard of "Admiral" stitching.

+1

I have no idea what you're talking about. I would appreciate it if you would let me know if someone can explain it to you.

Fany naems fo stitches

+1

I have no idea.  Possibly some doctor has attached his or her name to some silly stitch.  When it comes to stitches please be aware that there is nice stitching and bad stitching.  It is not the stitch material that counts.  It is the love and TLC of the surgeon that counts.  There are many cute little names to this and that stitch.  Forget them because they are not important.   Just remember that a stitch is a stitch is a stitch and it can be good or bad depending on the skill and TLC of the surgeon.  I do not  not know the Admiral stitch but in the backwoods area of Palo Alto-Stanford-San Francisco Bay Area it may having gotten by us, but then again I doubt it.  Its the surgeon, not a silly stitch name.  My Best,  Dr C