Lipo Suction with Tummy Tuck?

Do you recommend a person to have lipo suction with a tummy tuck or have it as a seperate procedure? (lipo on flanks, hips, thighs, etc)

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck Together

+2

Liposuction is a normal part of abdominoplasty which is used to reduce the central upper abdomen, the flanks and the areas lateral to the ends of the incision. This later area allows us to keep the incision shorter. Extending the liposuction to the hips and thighs is also common. However, if you do plan to spend the night in the hospital or a certified medical facility.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and tummy tuck

+2

While I would not liposuction the central raised abdominal flap( because I usually perform wide undermining), I would consider liposuction of the thighs, hips, etc.. at the same time in the right patient.

Liposuction With Tummy Tuck Procedure

+2

Thank you for your question. I usually perform both procedures at the same time to achieve a better contour and shape.   In the state of Florida, we are limited to one liter of fat removal from liposuction when also performing a tummy tuck procedure.  (or any skin excisional procedure).  This restriction applies to surgery performed in an outpatient setting like an AAAASF  center or Ambulatory Surgical Center.  More can be removed when performed in a hospital.  Make sure you consult with an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Best wishes, Brian Joseph MD, FACS

Brian Joseph, MD

Can you combine liposuction with a tummy tuck?

+2

Thanks so much for your question.  The short answer is yes.  Liposuction can be combined with a tummy tuck.  The longer answer is what areas are safe to perform liposuction on when also having a tummy tuck?  The "love handles" or flanks are always safe to liposuction.  One needs to be careful being too aggressive with liposuction on the central portion of the abdomen.  Combining the two procedures can compromise blood flow and result in poor healing if the surgeon isn't careful.  Any other, non-abdominal, area can be treated at the same time of the procedure if so desired.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Lipo Suction with Tummy Tuck?

+2

A tummy tuck in combination with liposuction of the flanks and back produces a much nicer waist and contour than tummy tuck alone in most patients.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lipo with tummy tuck

+2

Good afternoon!

I almost always perform liposuction with a tummy tuck- in my opinion there is no other way to get the contour that patients desire.  It is important for the surgeon to follow a few rules and avoid some danger areas when performing lipo with a tummy tuck to ensure trouble free healing, but in experienced hands it should not be an issue.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

Liposuction with a Tummy Tuck

+1

This is a very good question! It is recommended especially about the flanks and hips be   performed at the same time as a tummy tuck. I have found that having multiple procedures done at the same time is more convenient to the patient and can provide an   improvement of results. When a patient is having multiple surgeries performed which all relate, the procedures complement each other and provide a significant excelled improvement in their outcome. Essentially, the patient can recover from both procedures at the same time, eliminating additional recovery when performed in a staged fashion. Commonly, there is a cost savings because the patient does not have to undergo a second aesthesia and a second procedure.

Michael D. Cohen, MD

Liposuction with Tummy Tuck or Separately ?

+1

Liposuction of certain areas of the abdomen, flanks, hips, an thighs can be safely combined with a tummy tuck.  However, safety concerns may limit the number of areas treated and the time under anesthesia.  Also, when the abdominal skin is raised in a tummy tuck, the skin circulation depends on blood vessels coming in from specific areas, and so it may be best to limit or avoid liposuction in these particular regions in order to prevent healing problems.  The extent of safe abdominal wall liposuction also depends somewhat on the extent of the area raised and advanced in the tummy tuck.  Basically, liposuction can be safely done in many additional areas, but in terms of the abdominal wall and flanks, certain safety considerations need to be taken into account.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Liposuction and a tummy tuck.

+1

It is very common to perform liposuction at the same time as a tummy tuck. Care has to be taken when combining liposuction of the abdominal skin at the same time due to blood supply issues, but is very common in the flanks, hips, and thighs.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Yes in good hands if safe / si en buenas manos es seguro

+1

DEAR PATIENT, GOOD MORNING.
ABOUT TT  .AND  LYPO

REQUIREMENTS: 1.- ANY TOBACCO,GARLIC TABS, HERBS, ANTIPREGNANT PILLS, PATCHES, SHOT ETC, ANY VIT-E, ANY ASPIRIN SINCE  AT LEAST 21 DAYS PRIOR TO SURGERY
2.-NO DIABETIS, ANY CARDIOLOGICAL PROBLEM,ANY BLEEDING PROBLEM, ANY ASTHMA, ANY BIG VERROUCOUS VEIN
3.- THE MOST IMPORTANT ITEM YOUR OVERWEIGHT SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 20 LBS
IF YOU FULL FILL THE WHOLE REQUIREMENTS SURELLY WILL GET A GREAT SUCCESS

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon