Can the Keller Funnel Insert Gummy Bear Implants Through Inframammary Incisions?

+2

Yes the Keller Funnel can be used to assist with the placement of any implant. Primary Benefits to the patient are- 

1. Shorter incision lengths (typically by about 1-2 cm)

2. No touch technique (Reduced risk of infection or Capsular contracture)

3. More choices for incision placement (If longer incisions such as in some periolar approaches are not possible)

4. Reduced force on the implant and incision (Less risk of rupture of implant that you may initially not know about)

Primary downside is cost- Invariably it will add approx 100 dollars to your surgery- A cost worth it to many surgeons.

Regards,

Dr Q Chivers.

Funnel

+1

Yes,the funnel is a great way to insert the anatomic gummy bear implants through smaler incisions. The inframammary or periareolar incisions work well

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Yes

+1

Hello. Yes the Keller Funnel can be used to place implants in the inframammary fold. I regularly do this at my practice with great results.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Keller funnel

+1

Yes, the Keller Funnel can be used to insert the implants in the inframammary fold. It can help reduce infection rates and keep the incisions smaller as well.  

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Keller funnel and gummy implants

+1

I suppose that the Keller funnel can be used, but a larger hole will be needed to squeeze it through.  I do not use the keller Funnel.

+1

Yes, the funnel can be used for the shaped implants. They require a larger incision and a wider mouth on the funnel, but they are useful in placing the implants with minimal stress on the implants themselves, and they permit using a "no-touch" technique.