Revision Rhinoplasty for 4th: Nonsurgical Best Option? (photo)

Hx: 3 rhinoplasties- all complicating d/t primary w infx. Last date of 3rd revision: 2011. The 2&3iery revision results were poor. All 3 surgeries have resulted in dent, excess scarring, excess cartilage placed ipsilateral, tissue & L. nostril contraction, root poorly altered(excess removed anteriorly & laterally). I'm worried 4th surgery complications. Is it worth it?Could nonsurgical fillers fix defects? Who is considered the best in this country for revision nose fillers?? Other opinions?

Revision Rhinoplasty for 4th: Nonsurgical Best Option?

+1

The dent will be difficult to fix using any maneuver.  However, filler placed through a small tunnel from a closed rhinoplasty approach will not cause skin compromise and has the most likely chance of not producing further deformity.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Irregular contour after Rhinoplasty

+1

I would agree with the previous answers, fillers are probably not the solution for you.  There is likely some scarring of the skin at that location.  Try to find a surgeon in you area with a lot of rhinoplasty experience.  Sometimes there are smaller procedures that can be performed that would help just that area.  After all you have been through, you probably do not want any more complicated revisions - likely not too helpful.  Best of luck.

Douglas L. Vander Woude, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

It appears that the left side of your nose has some skin damage, although some of the close ups are not clear enough to properly determine how thin the skin is in those areas.

I agree with previous post of Dr. Yoo, about the risk of producing further complication with fillers, and or steroid injections. I would stay away from them.

Most major cities will have well qualified and experienced rhinoplasty specialists.

You did not mention if all your surgeries were performed by the same surgeon, but if they were, you may want to search another opinion.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Risks of nonsurgical rhinoplasty in a previously operated nose

+1

I would be hesitant to pursue the filler route with your nose.  With your history of prior rhinoplasties, the blood supply to your nose will be somewhat tenuous and could be compromised if not injected judiciously.  In your case, I think the risk certainly outweighs the possible benefits.

Donald B. Yoo, MD