Lip Injections or Lip Lift? 26y/o with Long Upper Lip

I am 26 years old. I wanted to get some sort of lip augmentation. I was originally thinking injections but I have read that if you have a long upper lip you could potentially look duck-ish. I have a defined cupids bow that I like but my upper lip area is 1.8 cm! I feel like this ages me! Should a lip lift be performed instead????Please help!!

Lip Augmentation/Lip Lift

+2

It's hard to make a recommendation without seeing what you look like.  However, if you have a long upper lip, a lip lift with either injections or a lip implant will give a fuller, yet natural looking result, while preserving your cupid's bow and avoiding a duck or trout pout appearance.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Treatment for "long lip"

+1

It's difficult to comment in the abstract.  A long upper lip can be treated either by injections or an implant.  I recommend that you try injections first to evaluate what they can do for you.  The result isn't permanent and you can then decide whether this is something you want to continue to pursue.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1

Because there are a set of aesthetics that dictate how beautiful the lop appear, photos would be required to make an accurate evaluation of your lip(s).  

You Hold The Answer

+1

The proper choice to improve your lips should be based on your goals.  If you prefer larger and/or increased volume in your lips, then you should have your lips injected.  It can be done in patients with a long upper lip without creating a "pout trout" appearance.  That appearance is due to poor injection technique.

If you believe you lip is too long then a lip lift would be a better option for you.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

You would need to post photos to get a specific recommendation. However, "duck lips" or the "trout pout" is typically related to poor injection technique or a lack of experience rather than a person's anatomy or the length of the lip. If you only desire more plump lips or reshaping this can be achieved with filler. A lip lift, however, is the only procedure that would shorten your upper lip. I suggest that you seek a consultation with a board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon where they can assess your face and make more specific recommendations. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift vs injections

+1

Without a photo of your whole face it is difficult to give an opinion since the lenght is not as important as the proportion of how your lips and nose looks on your face. Fillers or implants can be tailored to your lips without the duckish look. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon