Contour Irregularities After Liposuction? (photo)

My legs were smooth and pretty . I had lipisuction done to remove some pos- baby fat . Now it's like I have a depression there ( both legs). I weight about 114 pounds 5 4" . I really don't have a lot body fat .i consider myself a pretty girl with ugly legs :-( what can be done???

Contour Irregularities after Liposuction

+1

Contour irregularities after liposuction could potentially be treated with fat grafting, but an exam would be mandatory.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction Dents

+1

Your photos are a little difficult to assess but I can see some dents.  How far out are you.   Liposuction can leave some contour irregularities.   We would need good pre and post of photos to assess.  Go and see your surgeon.  If you are satisfied, work with him or her and solve the problem.   If not satisfied, obtain 100% of your records including all operation reports and photos.  Doctors must release all of your records to you.  That is the law.  I am amazed that some doctors ignore requests  for records but most do not.  Once you have records see another surgeon.  See a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose an ABPS - FACS surgeon.   Dents can be improved with various techniques including fat grafts.  Fat grafts are not easy  so get all the exact facts.   Send us better photos and we can help more possibly.  My Best.  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Depressions post lipo

+1

This can happen and if you are several months out then it probably won't go away on its own and you may need to have soem fat grafts performed to help fill these depressed areas in.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Contour issues of legs after lipo

+1

Contour irregularities can happen after lipo or can be magnified by liposuction.   An exam in person will help determine would if anything can be done.

Contour Irregularity Correction

+1

You didn't say how long it has been but fortunately many small contour irregularities go away on their own. It may take three to six months. If it persists after that, you many need to have treatment.

For correction, the borders are suctioned with a micro-cannula. These very small instruments remove the fat at the edge causing the ridge. The treatment can be done under local anesthesia in the doctor's office making it affordable and easy.

Your doctor will normally agree to do this at no charge. Don't wait, and you should be able to get your pretty legs back again soon.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon