Do New Mothers Take Longer to Recover from Smart Lipo?

How long is the usual recovery time after having Smart Lipo for a new mother? Should I expect more bruising or side effects from smart lipo due if I'm still a nursing mother?

SmartLipo

+1

If you are still nursing, I would recommend waiting until you have finished as the medication will likely enter the breast milk.  Recovery may take longer only due to the likely sleep deprivation of a new mother.

Bay Area Dermatologist

SmartLipo and Laser Liposuction in mothers

+1

Congrats on your new baby!. It is better to take your time to recover from 9 months of pregnancy. Start an exercise program and take care of your baby while doing the research on liposuction. You should consider liposuction when you complete breastfeeding. Laser liposuction is a great way to re-sculpt your body. Make sure you do your research well and use a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in laser liposuction. Consult the plastic surgeon for the best time for your procedure. Good luck.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Avoid Elective Surgery While Breastfeeding If Possible

+1

If possible, it is a good idea to avoid any sort of elective cosmetic surgery while still breastfeeding, especially liposuction.  The hormones that allow you to produce the milk for breastfeeding can cause alot of changes in regard to fat distribution, some of which may change once you stop breastfeeding.  Also, the anesthetic used gets into the breast tissue and can be passed on to the infant while breastfeeding.  With regards to your healing capabilities, this should not change whether you are a new mother or not.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon