New Mole in my Breast? (photo)

Hi,I'm 14 weeks pregnant and I noticed a new mole in my breast some days ago.I'm sure it's new,it's liked it popped over a night.It looks atypical to me and it's not more than 6mm.I have already to atypical moles since I can remember my self.I'm going to see a dermatologist tomorrow but I'm really scared,almost sure,it's melanoma.If it's melanoma,could it have spread so fast?It's a week old mole.

Mole Removal in Los Angeles

+1

New moles and those that have changed rapidly should be evaluated and biopsied as necessary. I would recommend a biopsy as moles can change during pregnancy, provided the exam demonstrates suspicion. I perform these biopsies under local anesthesia in my Los Angeles plastic surgery office.

Mole excision in a pregnant patient

+1

Sometimes lesions can grow rapidly during pregnancy and it is wise for you to seek a dermatological consultation.  It would be inappropriate to speculate on whether this is a skin cancer.  In a pregnant patient who is in the 1st trimester, we need to refrain from the use of epinephrine in the anesthesia and to obtain clearance from the obstetrician prior to surgery.  However, hopefully, the consult will be able to either put your mind at ease or to plan for a minor surgery procedure.  Wishing you the best.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Mole removal

+1

I would highly recommend that you have this evaluated by your dermatologist.  They will be able to do a biopsy and have it sent to pathology for confirmation. 

Sam Naficy, MD

New mole on breast

+1

First, bravo to you for checking your body so carefully and getting something checked out so quickly when you thought it was suspicious. Rarely (I won't say always but rarely) does melanoma pop up overnight like this. I would get it checked, removed, and sent to a lab for confirmation. But don't panic or worry, you are doing the best thing by getting to the doctor quickly to have something abnormal looked at, especially if you've had things abnormal before.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD