Looking to go bigger... what type of implant and placement would look good on me?

I am looking to get bigger breasts. I am love the perkiness of my breasts currently.. but really wish they were larger. I've had self image problems because of this. I am currently a 32 A/B (depends on the brand of bra) I want them to still look as natural as possible and not "overdone".

BBA

+1

You need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to determine this. Sizing depends on specific measurements that we don't have for you. An in-person consultation is needed.

Small silicone gel implants retro-pectoral are best

+1

At size 32 each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve the size you desire. I always recommend small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. The profile of the implant is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscles compresses it and determines projection. Unfortunately, your photograph does not show your nipple position but you may benefit from a simultaneous lift. The lift can be done through a circumareola incision, which hides the scar at the areola-skin junction. The breast is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. This may be the best alternative if you have low breasts.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implants?

+1

from your pictures it looks like you would be a good breast augmentation candidate. Visit with some ps in your area to learn more

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Hello, thank you for your question! Just wondering, have you had any kids or breast fed in the past? Much of what your outcome will be depends on how much breast tissue and skin you have to start with. The more skin you have to stretch over the implants, the bigger in size you can go. A more 'natural' look is very achievable: the type of implant and the placement of the implant contribute to this. I would love to give you more help, it would be much easier with a better unclothed photo of yourself, though. If you would like to send pictures privately, please contact me via drkimberlyhenry.com and I can and would love to assist you further!

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Type of implant and placement

+1

Hello. Each woman has uniquely shaped breasts and each person has individual needs. It is important to have an evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon. You need to discuss in detail your expecations and you also need an evaluation that will help the doctor to determine the best size and placements of implants. THere are special measurements that the doctor uses to determine the right size.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

You are a good candidate for UHP silicone implant in 350 to 400 cc range. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions..//

Breast implant size

+1

Thanks for your question - to pick an implant size it is important to have an in person consultation to take measurements, ascertain your expectations, and to try on implants. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

What kind and size implant should you get?

+1

Implant selection and placement is best determined through a complete consultation. It is important to determine your breast width, this will give us a range of implants to choose from. For most patients, I recommend smooth round silicone implants under the muscle. I like to use the Vectra 3D system so that you can visualize your results with different implants before surgery.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant selection based on breast footprint yields good cosmetic results

+1

I generally select implant size based on the dimensions of a patient's breasts - this yields the nicest cosmetic result, in my experience. Using an implant that is wider than the footprint of your breast will result in an 'augmented' cosmetic result, which is what you might be interested in.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

+1

It sounds as if you would be a good candidate for breast augmentation. The selection of implants for each patient is carefully made by the surgeon once the goals of the patient are clarified and after after a thorough physical exam and after certain measurements are made. With no idea of your appearance or any of the other factors we need to take into consideration it is not possible to make judgements or recommendations regarding specific implants. Once you have had your consult these questions will allb e answered.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD