Ventral Hernia Abdominal Reconstruction, Causing Severe Inflammation Agony on Daily Basis?

5 months ago Ab reconstruction w/ hernia .post surgery abdominal wall burning lost 22 lbs . Biweekly trigger point injections directly into Ab wall attempting to control biomaterial mesh burning . CT revealed abscesses 4.5x1x2,7cm and 3.4x1x5.4 cm surgeon just dismisses them , Hospital where I had the CT told me they need to be drained and most likely have biomaterial mesh removed ,Surgeon dismisses everything , Needing to find capable Dr to help .

Get another opinion

+2

When you are not happy with the medical advise your current doc is giving you and someone at the hospital is telling you that you need something done the best bet is to go get another opinion from someone who is uninvolved with the treatment for a second opinion.  Good luck!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

A second opinion is warranted.

+2

Most abscesses need to be drained. The mesh is a foreign body and if involved in the infection will require removal. You certainly should get a second opinion.