Opinions on Size? Too Big or Ok? (photo)

I am 5'6 and 118lbs with ribcage measurement of 29", breast width diameter between 13.3-13.9 cm. I have 3 children each of whom I breastfed/pumped for 2-3 months. I currently am a very deflated 34b, maybe even 34a. I am scheduled for a breast augmentation in 10 days and have settled on 450cc silicone mod plus profile. I don't want to be huge nor do I want to regret being too small. What do you think about this size? Will it be healthy for me without risk of bottoming out,etc.?

450 cc Too Big

+2

350 cc is the average implant volume placed in the US.  450 cc in a smaller woman may increase the cup size by 2.5. The easiest way to determine the appropriate size is to try on a few sizers in the office.  In general, the implants placed under the muscle tend to look a little smaller by about 50 cc or so.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant size selection

+2

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Opinions on Size? Too Big or Ok

+2

Thanks for your question and for the posted photos . To answer your question I would want to know your goals. Words like huge, too big, ok and too small do not have the same meaning to different women and surgeons.

Having patients try on implants is quite useful in my practice. Using that info, along with breast measurements, an implant size can be chosen that should approach the patients size goal. There are anatomic issues, a principal on being the breast width. We try not to use an implant wider than the patient's own breast. The MP+ 450 cc implants are rather wide--at 13.6 cm. If that is wider than your breast, you might be better off with high profile implants. Discuss with your surgeon.  All the best. 

What is the right implant size for you?

+1

I hope you had an opportunity to size in your doctor's office to get an idea of what size you will be and your clothes will fit.  My patients ALWAYS choose what size they want and I will always do that for them as long as I don't think they are going excessively large for their frame.  If you sized and like the appearance of a 400 cc implant/sizer in your unlined bra, you should be fine with 450 cc's.

Curtis Wong, MD

Choosing Breast Implant Size

+1

Choosing breast implant size is a very individualized process.  It begins with a thorough discussion with your board certified plastic surgeon.  

I find it helpful for patients to bring in photos from magazines of what they think they want as a result.  This avoids the problems of discussion of bra sizes which can vary considerable due to differences from manufacturer to manufacturer, and because many women are wearing the wrong-sized bra.

The physical examine is done wear breast dimensions are measured, and the patient can try on sizers to give them a direct way to decide on the breast implant size that matches their decision.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Might be too big

+1

450cc might be too big for your frame (based on the photos it will make you in the full C/small D cup size).  Your doctor should be able to show you patients with similar body types as your where he/she has used different implant sizes so that you will get a better idea. 

Andre Aboolian, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found (for example) that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Opinions on Size? Too Big or Ok?

+1

You sound like Goldilocks, "this is to large, this is to small, now this is just right!" Over the internet we have almost no way to GUESS which size will achieve your desired 'look'. My guess is the 450 cc HP/UHP will give al D cup effect. but that is only a guess. Hope you can understand all our replies.  

Breast augmentation size

+1

I think that size will be too large for a natural result.  You may wish you look at many before and after photos of people with a similar starting point and results that are pleasing to you. Look at the sizes used. That might help to give you a range of sizes.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Determining the size of implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Without this information or a personal consultation it is impossible for me to decide what implant you can have. I am assuming that you and your surgeon have already tried taken these measurements and discussed your goals so I would imagine that he is confident in the size chosen.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD