Rhinoplasty Without Implant? (photo)

My surgeon wants to use an implant for rhinoplasty and also chin implant . I just don't want so much plastic inside me ( I already breast implant ) can I do the rhinoplasty with out the implant or do I need it or sleeker nose

Rhinoplasty Without Implant?

+1

From the photos provided, the existing nasal bridge has an adequate aesthetic height and there's no reason for an implant.  To thin the nose, the bones do need to be broken but this can be done in a way that would not require a subsequent dorsal implant.  You might want to get a second opinion with an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

Implants in rhinoplasty

+1

I think you'll find that most of us surgeons who perform a lot of rhinoplasty really dislike nasal implants. They tend to have a lot of long-term problems with infection and extrusion (the body rejects them). This is quite the opposite of chin implants where solid silicone (Silastic) implants work beautifully.

Provided that your bite is normal, a chin implant may help with your overall profile. In women, though, less is more when it comes to chins. An overly large chin implant can look masculine.

For the nose, a lot of slimming and narrowing can be achieved surgically without the need for any implant or graft, at least as far as these photos allow for an assessment.

I'd seek another opinion or two. All the best,

--DCP

Pearson Facial Plastic Surgery®

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal and chin implants

+1

You could probable get by with a cartilage graft to your nose which could be harvested from your nasal septum or possibly the ear.  That should eliminate the need for a nasal implant.  For the chin, you could have an advancement genioplasty which would use your own bone the augment the chin.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Rhinoplasty Without Implant?

+1

I am not sure that you need an implant.  I am not sure that you would need grafting to the dorsum at all to achieve the look you would like.  Osteotomies alone will narrow the nose and provide appropriate height in many cases, but an exam or better photos will be necessary to assess this.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Rhinoplasty and grafts

+1

It really depends upon what you want to achieve.  Cartilage can be used for the nose if you want augmentation.

Depending on your examination, you may be a candidate for Rhinoplasty without a dorsal implant.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos, which are limited for evaluation.

Your nose appears wide on front view, and you appear to have a small profile bump. Placing an implant may not be "mandatory" to achieve narrowing and definition. This choice depends on your examination, and what you would like to achieve after surgery. It may be reasonable to get a second opinion from another rhinoplasty specialist so you could see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4044

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty without an implant

+1

It is certainly possible to perform a rhinoplasty without a silicone implant. Patient's own cartilage harvested from inside the septum can be used as grafting material to build up her bridge line when necessary. Osteotomies, tip surgery and alar base reduction may be all that you need. A silicone chin implant will be required if you decide to perform a chin augmentation. Please see the link below for examples of rhinoplasty and chin augmentation in our practice

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/chinimplant_photos07.html

African American Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

The most important question to ask is what kind of silicone implant... If its a standard I or L implant, you will have problems. However,  a custom carved silicone implant will make your nose slimmer.  Make sure you get the right shape and size which is more important than what kind ( silicone, medpor, rib graft etc.)

Also make sure you choose a surgeon with lots of experience in Ethnic Rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://africanamericanrhinoplasty.com

Nose surgery without implant

+1

It is possible to do nose surgery without implants. You could benefit from alarplasty along with osteotomies to narrow the nose. Implants always carry the risk of extrusion and should be used as a last resort when there is no cartilage available from your own nasal septum or ears. Regards Dr. J

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Use of implants in rhinoplasty

+1

Looking at your photos I think you can get by without using an implant in the nose.  I personally try to stay away from nasal implants; instead, I prefer using patients' own tissues, like cartilage or bone. I assume you never had nasal surgery, so there should be adequate amount of the cartilage in your septum to be used for rhinoplasty purposes.  Rib cartilage is also an option.  As far as your chin is concerned, it is indeed fairly weak -- I would advise to use a chin implant to complement your rhinoplasty results and restore facial balance.