I am 36B, 115 lbs, and 5'1. Wanting a big c small d. High Profile or Moderate Plus? (photo)

Hey everyone! I was set on moderate plus based on photos i have seen online. But also was considering High profile. My consult is in a few days. Just want opinions. Not sure whats the big difference between them both! I am 36B, 115 lbs, and 5'1. Wanting a big c small d. =)

Moderate plus or high profile

+3

I agree with Dr. Mendoza. Breast augmentation is a large part of my practice and I have never had a patient that I thought would benefit from high or extra high profile implants.

The more pressure you place upon the breast tissue, the more atrophy and thinning of the breasts. High and extra high implants have been associated with some very signficant complications, some uncorrectable, and this has even been discussed in the plastic surgery literature in a terrific article by Drs. Tebbetts and Teitlebaum.

I never give specific treatment info without examining a patient, however, in this case, my bias is always against these implants.

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

High Profile or Moderate Plus?

+2

Thank you for your question and photo.  Based on your frame and already have a lot of breast tissue, I would stay away from the high profile.  I think it will make you too big for your frame and your desires.

Good Luck

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Profile irrelevant

+1

I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. In the retro-pectoral position, the profile of the implant is irrelevant since the muscle compresses it. If you look at the manufacturer specifications, the difference between moderate plus and high profile is usually less than 1 centimeter, which is unperceivable in most patients. At size 36 B each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. To become a big C or small D you would require 300 cc to 400 cc implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Profile of implants

+1

The profile I select for patients really depends upon their body habitus and the volume that we choose together.  

High Profile or Moderate Plus Implants?

+1

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, desired result, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s or implant type. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this  or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest
you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)  that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

High profile or moderate plus breast implants?

+1

Thank you for your question and photograph.  I agree with others that you should rely on the opinion of the board certified plastic surgeon who you consult.

That said, however, looking at your photographs you have very natural nice appearing breasts.   In my experience the moderate profile plus breast implants will give you a more natural look and high profile breast implants.  Looking at your photographs my concern would be that high profile implants might not have enough base width to accommodate your natural shape.  This however will depend on the biometric measurements that your plastic surgeon will take.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Moderate Plus vs High Profile

+1
Hi SyllPop, Your Plastic Surgeon can fully explain the difference between moderate plus and high profile implants. The choice will most likely be made based on your breast diameter measurements, your goals and your tissue characteristics. In general, the moderate plus implant provides the best of both worlds in terms of cleavage and projection of the breasts. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Impossible to say without measurements

+1

Without an exam and understanding of your existing breast tissue (size and stretchability are very very important factors) no surgeon on here can give you an answer.  From the photo I bet that you would need a very large high profile implant to give you a good result and that this would not be a "full c or small d" and that a mod plus may be a better option for you.  Your best bet is to speak very openly to your surgeon, let him/her know you have been doing some research and have questions about implant profiles, and discuss your options.  This is often something that a surgeon would otherwise just decide for you.

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

High Profile or Moderate Plus?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.  I think that you are starting at a great starting point ( attractive breasts), and should have a great outcome with breast augmentation surgery.

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals, careful measurements (dimensional planning),  careful selection of appropriate breast implants and skillful execution of the procedure will be important steps in achieving your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “big C or small D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be helpful to patients;  this technology allows patients to visualize what their breasts may look like with different sizes/profiles of breast implants. I have found this modality to be a nice addition to the communication “tools” available.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.