Do I Need Chin Implant and Chin Lipo?

Surgeon said I needed chin medium chin implant inter oral ? Is there any alternative to chin implant or can I ave submental lipo of the jowl and chin

Do I Need Chin Implant and Chin Lipo?

+1

The combination of a chin implant and chin liposuction would produce a very nice change for you.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Chin-Implant.php

Improvements with Chin Augmentations and Lipo

+1

I would agree that you are candidate for a chin augmentation. Chin implants can correct a weak chin, strengthen the appearance of a receding chin or improve the overall appearance of your face and profile by restoring balance.  If you are wanting to further your results, pairing this procedure with liposuction of the jowl and chin area will help to remove excess volume and create a more defined jaw-line.

Web reference: http://www.vargasfaceandskin.com/chin-augmentation.php

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Submental Liposuction with or without Chin Augmentation

+1

What your surgeon was telling you was that the combination of bringing the chin forward and suctioning the neck upward will create a better jawline/neck angle effect than either one alone. But if the chin augmnetation does not create an effect that you like, then you can have sub mental/neck liposuction alone. But the effect will be as significant as when both procedures are done.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Both a Chin Implant and Chin Liposuction are reasonable options...

+1

A chin implant would help with your chin projection.  Your anatomy shows "weak" projection of the chin - it should ideally project closer to the projection of your lips on the lateral view.  There are two main approaches, whether from the inside of the mouth or from under the chin.  Both can be effective, but with the inside of the mouth approach you avoid any external scars.

Liposuction of the chin area will help with the fulness you have under your chin, but it will not do anything to help with the projection in the area.  The neck/jawline contours will be better; you could certainly consider both the chin implant and liposuction to correct each area. 

Regardless, it's your body - change what bothers you the most, as that will give you the greatest degree of satisfaction.  Contact a well-qualified board certified surgeon to further discuss these issues.  Good luck!

Chin implant versus submental liposuction

+1

A chin implant and submental liposuction are two completely separate operations with different goals in mind. The liposuction of the sub-mental area is simply removing fatty deposits underneath the chin area. A medium-sized chin implant is placed in the from of the mandible to give more projection to the chin area. Both procedures are complementary to each other. We prefer a sub-mental approach rather than an intra-oral approach for a chin implant for a variety of reasons.. The link below shows examples of chin implants and neck liposuction

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/neckliftandlipo_photos.html

Improving cervicomental angle with submental liposuction and chin augmentation

+1

You can have submental liposuction alone and expect some improvement of your neckline, but it will not be a dramatic improvement.  Your chin is a bit weak, and an implant would help to balance your facial proportions while also helping to sharpen your neckline.