What is Going on with my Breast? Is This Normal? (photo)

One day I was at work ( desk job) and I felt like my right breast felt really heavy. It started to have a mild pain. So I went to check my breast and I saw yellow stuff in my bra. So I cleaned it and out some tissue in the bra. I went home and checked on it with a mirror and I saw this ( what you see in the photo) is this normal? Can I put polysporin on it?

Post operative care very important after breast reduction.

+1

Hi.

Your wound has opened and may be infected.  You really need to see your plastic surgeon right away.  You will be fine with proper treatment.

Wound after breast reduction

+1

Thank you for the pictures.  The "T" of the incision, where all of the incisions meet, is the most common place for a wound breakdown.  Usually these areas heal up in a couple of weeks with some wound care.  I would recommend returning to your PS for further evaluation to make sure it does not get infected. I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Web reference: https://www.richmondplasticsurgery.com

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

T Junction Healing After Breast Reduciton

+1

The T junction after breast reduction is the most likely area to have healing issues.  This does not usually have any great effect on the quality of the final result.  Ask your surgeon about what local wound care is preferred.

Wound after Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

Based on the photograph  and your history, you have had breast reduction surgery in the recent past and currently have a wound healing problem at the “T junction” of the incision lines. Best to be evaluated by your plastic surgeon who will advise treatment after direct examination.

Generally speaking, these types of wound healing problems are self-limiting and do not necessarily detract from the final results of the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Breast reduction /lift dehiscence?

+1

It looks like your incision from your breast surgery opened up. When was the surgery?  You should check with your surgeon.

Wound dehiscence

+1
Your wound, presumably from a breast reduction or lift, has opened. You should be seen by your plastic surgeon who can best evaluate the wound, culture any drainage and recommend wound care.

Breast Reduction Healing Problem

+1

It looks like you have a minor healing problem at the "T" part of the incision. This is not unusual and you should let your surgeon know so it can be treated.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Wound Problems

+1

Dear Kialove,

Without any history from you, I'm left at guessing, but it appears as though you recently had a breast reduction or lift?

It looks as though you have some suture material coming in through, as well as some loss of skin at what we refer to as the  "T" junction of the breast incision pattern.

I would recommend that you be seen by your plastic surgeon and have him/her evaluate you as soon as possible.

Best of luck.