Ask a doctor

For a Dermatologist Doctor. What Do I Have Do with the Hiperpigmentation? Fraxel Restore Laser Could Be a Good Solution?

I got a blue peel but unfortunately for me this treatment damage my skin and I have more brown spots that before and skin looks uneven. Hidroquinone does not work for me because makes my skin more red. I look worse now that I did before. I would like to find a doctor with a lot experience working with this type of treatment. Thanks!

Doctor Answers (1)

Fraxel restore for hyperpigmentation


Hello. Fraxel restore is not necessarily the right treatment for your condition.  You should see a board certified dermatologist with significant laser experience.  A good place to start is to look for a doctor that is a member of the AAD, ASDS and ASLMS.  These are professional organizations and a dermatologist that is a member of all three likely has o wealth of laser experience.   

American Academy of Dermatology

American Society for Dermatologic Surgery

American Society for Lasers in Surgery and Medicine


Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.