New Hump Post Op. So Depressing? (photo)

Hi i am 12 days post op rhinoplasty. I had my massive hump rasped down. As soon as my cast was removed i could see a tiny hump where the previous hump used to be. it is a small, hard bony hump. I have squeezed it and it doesnt hurt like the other swelling does and now the skin around it is very pink and has remained that way. It is really depressing me..I think it is a callous formation. Is there anything I can do to make it go away. I was thinking of applying hydrocortisone cream to it.

New Hump Post Op. So Depressing?

+1

Dear Harza,

thank you for your question and photos.  You are very early in your healing period and have a lot of swelling.  You may have a residual hump.  There is nothing you can to about it right now.  Cortisone cream is not recommended.  I know its hard to hear, but be patient and allow for healing.  Once this has occured, you may consider revision with further hump reduction.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

New Hump

+1

Appears as a very conservative hump removal! Allow 3 months of healing than consider a revision. Sorry. 

New Hump Post Op. So Depressing?

+1

Resolution of swelling and tissue remodeling will occur over the next few months, and then a determination can be made about revision.

Kenneth Hughes, MD  Los Angeles, CA

Residual hump after rhinoplasty

+1

If a very large hump was removed, there can be significant swelling. Follow up with your surgeon to assess your progress and any skin concerns. Hydrocortisone cream will not shrink a hump.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon