New Fat melting injection called ATX-101.. Will this be the future of nose jobs ?

New Fat melting injection called ATX-101.. Will this be the future of nose jobs ? Also what other technics willing me coming out for future advancements for nose jobs in the future . Less pain more accurate results & better nose jobs ...

Kybella to treat the double chin

Kybella is only FDA approved to treat the submental region, or the double chin. Further research will be ongoing to see other regions of the body for its potential use. Rhinoplasty, or a nosejob, is typically a surgical issue, although can occasionally be treated with fillers in select cases. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uses for Kybella

I am at the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons meeting in Montreal right now and just had a long discussion with the Kybella people. They will reveal the costs in 2 months but it will be comparable to the cost of chin liposuction. They do not have FDA approval or studies for use anywhere else on the face. It will be widely available in July or August. Can't wait!

With the very little fat in the nose, I don't see a use for Kybella in the nose.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella's use in the nose

Kybella is not used for fat reduction in the nose.  It likely will not be used as it can cause skin ulceration if used to closely to the skin.  Injectable fillers have been used to reshape the nose and "camouflage" some of the troubled areas.

Grant Stevens, MD

Approved Kybella areas

Kybella is not FDA approved for use in the nose – the chin and neck only.It is unlikely that kybella would be used in the nose, but there is a non-surgical alternative to Rhinoplasty surgery – a non-invasive Rhinoplasty.  During this procedure, a filler such as Restylane is injected to reshape the nose.  I hope this helps!

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

No use for Kybella in "nose jobs"

Kybella is an injectable drug that destroys fat.  I can't see how that would be useful in any nose procedure.

Carmen Kavali, MD

No role for Kybella in the nose

ATX-101, or Kybella is only FDA approved for use under the chin at this time. It is unlikely that there will be any application in the nose, as the appearance of the nose has to do with the underlying bony and cartilagenous structures rather than fat. In some cases hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm can be used to alter the appearance of the nose without surgery.

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Surgical Advancements

Dear Access19,

Medicine is reaching a fascinating pinnacle of achievement whereby technological advancements are enabling surgeons and physicians to perform procedures that were otherwise impossible. The development of Kybella is a great example as is my pioneering Platelet Healing Gel which harnesses Platelet Rich Plasmas and my innovation for the Weekend Necklift that utilizes lasers. I imagine that Rhinoplasty will become more efficient by welcoming lasers, perhaps by adopting some of the innovation afforded by Kybella and may even benefit from advancements in 3-D printing technology. Amidst the exciting developments of the 21st century, it is hard to say for certain the advancements we will experience and I am very excited just as you are.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for submental fullness

Kybella is FDA indicated for submental fullness.  I would hesitate to use this on the nose until it is further studies.  At the moment reducing the nose in any capacity is usually more of a surgical procedure.  Some nose concerns, however, can be addressed with injectable fillers.  I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to address your concerns and see if there are non-invasive options for you.

Kybella Utilization

Thank you for your question. Kybella is an FDA approved substance that reduces submental or under the chin fat. It is not approved for any other area. You should be leary of any doctor who offers Kybella at this point "Off-Label".

It is very new, without a long history, and a Doctor using it for any other area would be experimenting on you as they likely have not had any experience with any other area.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella -- FDA approved for Submental Fat, Non Surgical Option But Still New

Kybella is a form of a liver salt that is syntheic and works to damage fat cells when it is injected into them. In the clinical trials, 2 treatments a month apart had close to 50% improvement in fat reduction with some neck skin tightening/lifting (but this was a secondary outcome). More treatments, gave more improvement. In general it will take 4-6 treatments to get close to 75%+ improvement in most patients. There is pain and swelling during and after injection that can last a few hours to a few weeks/months. I suggest a formal consultation with a physician who is trained and speaks on neck rejuvenation, contouring and lifting. I am one of the few Kybella injection trainers and the majority of my practice is facial and body rejuvenation by fat removal surgical and non surgical options. Some people may benefit better from surgical lipocontouring and get more jawline and lower face improvement, as well as neck lifting, quickly -- within 3 days after the procedure. Kybella is not FDA approved to use in other areas other than the fat pad under the chin/submental area, and use in other areas could be unsafe. Again, please see an expert if you are considering treatment with this new medication. It does offer a great advance in our ability to reduce fat and contour the face. Only a select number of physicians will be injecting this medication at the beginning. It is not useful for nasal cartilage or nasal reconstruction. Best, Dr. Emer.