Can I reduce my swollen nose without surgery? (Photo)

Hi, im 25 years old and my nose was thin and you could see my bone, but all of a sudden its started to swell and become round and grew horizontal and it stayed like that. can i bring it back without surgery?

Acute nasal edema and erythema

+1
The acute nature of what you are describing, in conjunction with your photo, is concerning for infection.  I would strongly recommend urgent evaluation by your surgeon to rule out this possibility.  

Nose swelled and changed shape.

+1
  1. I am concerned about the change you describe in your nose.
  2. Assuming it happened fairly recently, something happened to damage your nasal structure.
  3. There would be various causes, among them injury, infection and damage to the inside of the nose by vasoconstrictors, such as cocaine.
  4. You need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic surgeon for a full evaluation and probably x-ray studies as well.
  5. Whatever the problem, treating the cause is needed. This may with luck reduce the swelling dramatically and start to return your nose to its normal appearance. Best wishes. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Non surgical reduction of nasal fullness

+1
Sometimes a small amount of filler can be used to modify the contour of the nose and redirect light and shadow on the face so that it looks smaller and thinner, even though you've added volume.  It is not possible to tell from the photo if that is the case in your situation, but see an injection and cosmetic surgeon who treats noses and he/she can guide you.  Sometimes skin tightening treatments such as Thermi RF smooth can be used on the tip of the nose if it is truly swelling, rather than just a large cartilage tip.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical reduction of nasal fullness

+1
Thank you for your question.  While injectable fillers may be used to contour noses and add volume, they do not help in reducing fullness.  Noninvasive skin tightening and other noninvasive techniques will not reduce nasal fullness. I would recommend seeing a surgeon who is highly experienced in nasal surgery to obtain a recommendation for treatment.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon