Can I reduce my swollen nose without surgery? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Acute nasal edema and erythema
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Nose swelled and changed shape.
- I am concerned about the change you describe in your nose.
- Assuming it happened fairly recently, something happened to damage your nasal structure.
- There would be various causes, among them injury, infection and damage to the inside of the nose by vasoconstrictors, such as cocaine.
- You need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Facial Plastic surgeon for a full evaluation and probably x-ray studies as well.
- Whatever the problem, treating the cause is needed. This may with luck reduce the swelling dramatically and start to return your nose to its normal appearance. Best wishes.
Non surgical reduction of nasal fullness
You might also like...
Nonsurgical reduction of nasal fullness
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.