Will This New Dogear Go Away with Time? (photo)

I had a revision surgery using lipo and skin excision to correct dogears from a thigh lift. The incision is in the crease of the butt. But after the revision surgery I am left with this even larger dogear! This is 8 days post op.I am so upset... Will this go away? The other side came out fine. Thank you for any helpful information.

Dog ear after thigh lift revision

Recovery after body contouring surgery takes some time, typically 6 months for most of the swelling to resolve and over a year for the scars to mature. Thigh lift is no exception. At 8 days after revision thigh lift surgery, you are still very early in your recovery. There is still swelling present. This should slowly decrease significantly in the first 6 weeks following surgery. If liposuction was used to help contour the area, then you will typically experience even more swelling and this will also take time to resolve. Be sure to communicate your concerns with your surgeon and follow the postoperative instructions.

You need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon

You are just after surgery and need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. It is unlikely that this will be much better with time, but you need to give it 3-6 months before revision

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Butt Lift

Butt lift, skin tightening should avoid an incision in the buttock crease. This is an old method. The scar is visible in the young and changes the buttock contours. It always gets wider in time.

The picture posted is limited to give an advise about the dog ear. But it looks large ebough that may need revision. Get a second opinion in person for better advise