New Dermal Filler?

Hello, my doctor suggested i have a dermal filler called ''ellanse'', which i've never heard before. is it reliable?

Ellanse dermal filler

+3

Ellanse isn't available in the U.S. though it has been used extensively in Europe for several years. As such we cannot comment on the reliability and safety of the product because we can't use it here.

New filler

+1

This product is not currently approved/used in the US. I would make sure to ask your physician their experience with the product, if you are outside of the States. Best of luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

New filler

+1

It is not FDA approved/used in the US as of now. Are you writing from outside of the US?

Ellanse filler

+1

Ellanse is not approved for use in the United States, so it can not be used in this country. If you live outside the US, it is possible to receive this filler. If this is your first time receiving a filler, I would start off with a reversible product (i.e. hyaluronic acid) in case you are not pleased with the outcome. Ellanse is a long lasting product that can last years. If you like the results from the hyaluronic acid filler, you can consider proceeding with Ellanse, if you live in a country that allows this product.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon