New crown for a dental implant?

I have a UR central incisor implant, the implant, abutment and crown are all in good condition. Due to some re-shaping after I chipped it (and some general shifting) the implant now appears much shorter and misshapen in comparison to the other teeth. Considering the cost to fix my teeth as a child I am not happy with the appearance of this crown. Would it be enough to simply replace the crown? And if so, how much would it cost to replace the crown?

New crown for a dental implant?

+2
You say that the implant crown appears shorter than the other teeth.  How about the gum level, is it the same or one shorter than the other.  The reason I say this is that the jaws often continue to grow in young people into their 20s and when this happens the implant will stay at the same level but all the other teeth will move with the growing bone, making the implant tooth appear smaller.
You could have a new crown made to match the shape of the other central incisor.  However, if there is much discrepancy, oftentimes it is better to place a crown or veneer on the other central incisor to match the new crown on the implant tooth.  This way the color, shape, length all will be the same.  You might also need some gum reshaping or gum grafting to make the gums both look the same.
Costs of crowns vary between doctors, the area they practice, the kind of porcelain material they use, the difficulty of the treatment, the experience and training of the doctors, and the cost of the lab to make the crowns and veneers.  I've seen crowns as low as $400 and as high as $3000.  Your dentist would need to examine you and then be able to give you a price quote.

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

Replacing a single implant crown.

+2
Yes you can replace a single crown but it can be very difficult to get a perfect color match.  In my office I frequently have my laboratory techs come in and custom  color and tint crown in patients mouth we then fire in oven to reevaluate. 

Esthetic can very cost of crowns. 

Ira Shapira, DDS
Lake Forest Cosmetic Dentist

My implant needs a new crown...

+1
Hello there,
Without seeing your photo, I was be about 85% sure that you can just replace the crown.  You should expect to pay anywhere from $1,200 to $2,000, depending on the city you live in.  I would recommend a zarconia crown on that upper incisor because of it's strength and cosmetic appearance.  This would take 1-2 appointments and be a permanent fix.  By permanent I mean that as long as you follow proper oral hygiene techniques, the crown should last 20-30 years.  I think that putting $1,200 or $2,000 into your front teeth is more than worth it, considering how long it will last and how many people will see it.  People spend more than that on clothing and don't get more than a few years use out of them.  If you would like to post a photo or contact me for a virtual consult, don't hesitate.
Take care and good luck.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Yes, it can be done

+1
Can you provide a picture so we know which part of the tooth is the short part.  I suppose the worst case scenario would be the necessity to replace both the abutment and the crown.  For an esthetic implant supported crown, I would expect to pay at least  $1,500.00 and maybe $2,000.00 for an abutment and crown.

David May, DDS
Riverside Cosmetic Dentist