Should I Get a New Composite Filling or Veneer?

I chipped my front tooth when I was 18, and it was repaired with a composite filling, now 31 it's time to have it replaced. The last years I have been tired of the filling flaking + having visible edges (feel it easily with my tung as well). That makes me want to have a porcelain veener instead. But I am afraid I will be just as irritated with the edge between the gumline/real tooth and a veener. Will a skilled dentist fit the veneer so good that I can not see nor feel the edge of it by the gumline?

It Depends?

+1

Either on may be the right choice. First, have your dentist determine if you grind or clench your teeth. If you are a grinder or clencher, the veneer can come off just as easy.

West Palm Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Composite or veneer?

+1

I feel the composite will look better last longer if done correctly. Even though the cost is more you maybe happier with the results good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD       CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist