Is a New Chin Implant and Option if there has Been Nerve Damage?

I had a chin implant put in 2 1/2 years ago and removed 3 months later because it had shifted and was causing me a lot of discomfort. there is residual nerve damage(pain, feelings of coldness, burning) At this point, is it possible that my nerve will fully recover? if not, is there a procedure to numb the nerve (i have noted relief during dental procedures when the nerve is numbed). Will it be risky to replace at this point? I have ptosis now and am not happy with the droop.

Nerve damage after a chin implant

+2

If you still have symptoms 2.5 years out from a chin implant, it is likely that you have some mental nerve damage. There might be a procedure that could be done to block the nerve long term and I would see a pain specialist in your area for that possibility. As far as replacing the chin implant, it is possible to do it now but it could potentially aggravate your nerve condition.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon