New Bump on Tip of Nose That Developed About 2 Weeks Post Op, 10 Days Later It is Still There. Is This Swelling or an Infection?

I am 24 days post op. About 10 days ago I noticed what appeared to be a pimple forming on the outside of my right nostril. It is in the line of definition my surgeon gave me. Could this be swelling? Also, a few days before this, I went out for the first time and was briefly around second hand smoke. Is it possible the little bit of smoke I was around could have caused this bump? Again, it looks like a pimple, but I don't think it is one. I am worried.

+1

Based upon your description alone it is very difficult to give advice, but I would follow with your surgeon. 

Swelling or infection?

+1

You may have a small abscess or fluid collection in the area you describe.  See your surgeon for an evaluation.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

New bump on the nose 10 days post rhinoplasty

+1

If you have developed a lesion or swelling on your nose that you were not expecting then it is worth a visit to the surgeon to determine the cause of the problem. 

Early bump along side nose

+1

Bumps after rhinoplasty can signify different things.  A new bump along the nose may signify an underlying infection to the nose.  It is possible that this is a pimple as well as the tape around the nose can clog pores and make the nose more likely to have an acne breakout.  Smokers definitely have a higher rate of infection in rhinoplasty procedures but it is unlikely that one episode of second hand smoke may have triggered this.  Seek your surgeons advice early.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon