New Bump Post-Revision Rhinoplasty, Will It Resolve Itself? (photo)

Had a revision (11 days ago) to correct a 1st rhino. I wanted to remove a septal graft, but my revision PS said my nasal bone was dented underneath from the 1st procedure, so he reshaped and reattached the graft. Now the bump is bigger and it is septal cartilage on top of bone. My PS said he scraped the bone lining so that the cartilage would adhere. Does it work that way? Worried the bump will not resolve on its own. Don't want a 3rd surgery, but really don't want a bump I never had!

Revision Rhinoplasty with Graft

+1

Thank you for the question. The recovery after a revision rhinoplasty is a bit longer than the primary surgery. In addition, when grafts are placed, there can be a bit of extra swelling around the area. The most difficult part of this process is being patient. In some cases, I will use small does of a steroid to help with the swelling -- though not until about 6 weeks post-op. Please stay in touch with your surgeon as you heal. Best of luck!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump following revision rhinoplasty

+1

11 days is still very soon after your procedure, and it is too early to judge the final result. Swelling following surgery can create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result of surgery can take 18-24 months to be visible. I would recommend giving it some time and see how you continue to heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

11 days post rhino revision

+1

At 11 days post rhinoplasty revision you may be seeing swelling more than anything. Give it more time to heal.

11 days post-op iss too soon to evaluate your nose after revision rhinoplasty.

+1

If your bump is still present after a month or so, you may wish to consider if you may be a candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty. This may involve injecting filler above your bump to camouflage its appearance. My personal preference and experience is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon