Do I Need to Get a New Bettybutton? (photo)

I had a Abdominoplasty six months ago. I don't know if I can say that I am happy with how I look. One of my concerns is that I don't have a bellybutton. Besides that fact that it looks terrible, I don't know if this can cause me a health problem in the future. I had my surgery in Mexico so I don't know if I will be able to go back to my surgeon. Thank you.

A new belly button is up to you

+1

but your scarring is more than anticipated so any procedure you have could leave you with similar scarring.  If you walked into my office, I would suggest scar revisions first to see if you can rid yourself of those large scars.  If this went well, then consider a belly button reconstruction.  Your results do not appear optimal but then without knowing what you were like before surgery, its really hard to be objective as your results could be awesome if you started from a very bad place.

Do I Need to Get a New Bettybutton?

+1

It looks like you have some keloid and some hypertrophic scarring. I can't quite tell from the photo if there is no navel or if the scar has healed over and buried it. If the navel is gone, the only consequence is appearance. If it is buried, it does present potential problems.

If you cannot see your surgeon in Mexico, your other option is local plastic surgeons, though it may be difficult to find one who will treat a complication from elsewhere. Best wishes.