Do You Know of Any New Anti-aging Eye Treatments?

I'd love to hear what new options are available and what success you have seen with them. If you feel other tried and true methods are better feel free to share that as well. Thanks you!

Best New Anti-aging Eye Treatments

+2

Hi Anon,

The best current treatment for crepe` eyelid skin is fractionated CO2 laser skin resurfacing.  I have combined this with Ulthera ultrasound treatment for even better results.  For hollowness under the eyes, Restylane injections with a canulla gives excellent results.  For excessive upper lid skin and hooding, an upper lid skin only blepharoplasty gives a natural appearance to the eyes without changing the shape of the eyes.  If you come up with a good treatment for dark circles under the eyes, please let me be your business partner and we will make millions.  The eye area is a delicate and unforgiving area of the face, so do choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Anti aging for around the eyes

+2

There are many ways to attack this but I will try to give a short summary. The aging around the eyes can be treated with neurotoxins to relax and stop the lines that come with muscle movement, can be treated with laser to get rid of laxity and fine lines(tighten) and can be treated with fillers to fill tired hollow areas. Products can be applied to improve upon what you have or what you do which can reverse and/or prevent some of the problems. I have my patients use retinoids(slowly and carefully) around their eyes. My favorite new skin care line to use, especially around the eyes is Pro+Therapy. They make something called C8 peptide that helps relax and hide wrinkling and might even help your Botox or Dysport last a little longer

Birmingham Dermatologist

Fillers, Neuromodulators, and Peels Work Well for Nonsurgically Rejuvenatiing the Eyes

+2

Fortunately, we no longer live at a time when "All you have is a hammer so that everything must be a nail."  We have a variety of different peels, fillers, and neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) each with its particular uses and strong points. In fact, we have so many kinds of nonsurgical techniques for rejuvenating the region around the eyes that we can create an individualized plan for each patient.

Of course the subject of anti-aging treatments for the eyes must include the home use of topicals, such as retinoic acid, alphahydroxyacids, antiinflammatories and vitamin C, particularly to help maintain the results achieved with in-office treatments.

But, for more dramatic and gratifying results, we have neuromodulators used for the scowl lines between the eyes, crow's feet on the sides of them and crinkles below them and to raise fallen eyebrows.

We have fillers, such as Belotero Balance and Radiesse, to treat tear troughs, dark circles and hollows above and below the eyes. We may combine these agents for more resistant or elongated crow's feet (that stream down the cheeks) and use a vectoring approach to give greater and longer-lasting improvement.

Although in my experience lasers, IPL, and radiofrequency treatments have unfortunately proven more hype than science and disappointing, we do have a variety of treatments below that have stood the test of time.

For stubborn crinkling and crepeyness in the region, we have all kinds of peels, such as series of glycolic acid peels or even the most recent addition to our peeling aesthetic tool box--the Punctuated Phenol Peel. 

For pronounced drooping and sagging of the brow, we have the minimally invasive Ten Minute Eyelift. 

Because of the centrality and importance of the eyes to our overall appearance, any improvements made to the lids, brows, and surrounding areas can often make an disproportionately gratifying enhancement in the way we look. As such, the eyes deserve treatment only by board certified aesthetic physicians with great experience in treating these areas and versed in all of the current anti-aging interventions for this critical region. 

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Anti aging eye treatments

+2

there are a number of options available to you.

1-ZO skin care has products specifically made for the eye region. Dr. Obagi's line is one of the leaders in skin care for plastic surgeons offices for years.

2- laser treatments can be used to tighten the skin and rejuvenate the wrinkle line.

3-botox can sometimes help with lines, but must be used carefully to avoid weakening the muscle too much and have increased puffiness.

these have all worked for me and my practice.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Anti-aging Regimen for Youthful Eyes

+1

A dermatologist can assist you with selecting the best anti-aging treatments, such as Thermage, dermal fillers and Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation. The course of action depends on your skin tone and goals, along with the severity of your current signs of aging around the eyes. Treatments with skin-tightening devices such as with Thermage work well on those who have the first signs of aging. It addresses the area around the eye skin for fine lines and wrinkles, as well on the upper and lower eyelids for tightening effects.

Dermal fillers such as Radiesse, Restylane, Belotero or Juvéderm can plump skin, counteract sagging, replenish volume and smooth wrinkles. Laser skin rejuvenation options such as Fraxel and Spectra stimulate new collagen production to address wrinkles. BTX-A injectables (Botox, Dysport) are also gaining in popularity as part of an anti-aging regimen. Since they temporarily reduce the appearance of wrinkles for approximately three to four months and inhibit muscle contraction, which may slow facial creases turning to wrinkles. Read this series on an anti-aging regimen for more information on each option.

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/an-anti-aging-regimen-tips-for-youthful-eyes-part-one/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty is the gold standard for aging eyes

+1

Blepharoplasty is the procedure that all non-surgical methods are compared against.  For people with excess skin and fat, the non-surgical methods are not nearly as effective.  Excess upper lid skin is easily and very effectively treated by blepharoplasty.  Non-surgical methods don't even come close.  The lower lids are more tricky.  If your problem is just wrinkles on the lower lids, fractional CO2 resurfacing may be the best option.  Ulthera is not as effective.  There are so many approaches now that you need to be evaluated by a good plastic surgeon who has all the options

Web reference: http://www.dkhoffmanmd.com

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Anti-aging Eye treatments

+1

There are several New Anti-aging Eye treatments from creams to injections to lasers which all improve the delicate skin around the eye.  There have been many advances in cosmeceuticals which I have incorporated into my MGSKINLAB's line of products to help with bags, dark circles, and wrinkles. With the advent of Botox you can inject Botox into the crow's feet and wrinkles around the eyes removing them completely.  With Fraxel and Thermage you can tighten the skin, produce new collagen, and enhance the texture of the skin as well.  With under eye hollows, Restylane or Belotero can easily be injected to improve the appearance as well.  Please find an experienced board certified dermatologist for these procedures in your area.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.