I'm 18 yrs old Asian with bulbous tip and drooping nose. What treatment would you recommend? (photos)

Hello, I'm an 18 year old female of mixed race (Caucasian, asian) looking to improve the appearance of my wide, drooping nose. I dislike the width of my nose, as well as the drooping tip. I'd like to have a smaller nose with a lifted tip. My nose is what I am most unsatisfied with, however I also do not like my small chin and large forehead. What work would need to be done to correct these things and could you provide an estimate of how much this work might cost? What are the risks? Am I a good candidate? Is my age an issue? Thank you for your time!

Asian Nose with Small Chin and Large Forehead

+1
Your nose can be refined so that it is more proportional with your face by reducing the tip, narrowing the base of your nose, and augmenting your bridge. These are problems that I frequently see in Asian rhinoplasty surgery. A chin implant will also improve proportions in your lower face. The forehead can be reduced using an irregular trichopytic hairline incision which we described many years ago.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Surgery in Asian patients

+1
There's no right age for nose and chin cosmetic surgery, though it helps if the patient is mature enough to go through the sugary safely and old enough to have nearly completed facial skeletal growth.  To help the tip of the nose look less bulbous, most surgeons will use a combination of suturing techniques of the lower nasal cartilages, along with cartilage grafting techniques.  Chin implants can be placed through an incision ion the mouth or one under the chin.  There are pros and cons to each approach, and a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is your best bet in determining how to proceed.

Reza Momeni, MD
Summit Plastic Surgeon

Droopy nose

+1
All of your issues can be addressed, some in multiple ways. Best to discuss with experienced plastic surgeons so you know all the advantages and disadvantages of each.
For a typical asian rhinoplasty and chin implant for example, at my office in Miami the fees would total approximately $6000.00. To change the hairline depends on whether you choose to lower it surgically or with quality hair transplantation.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1
Slimming the nasal tip and addressing the drooping tip is a common request from Asian or mixed patients.  It is important that the nose is still balanced with the rest of your face and the results are natural looking.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and help you communicate with your surgeon. 

Kimberly Lee, MD

I'm 18 yrs old Asian with bulbous tip and drooping nose. What treatment would you recommend?

+1
    I think your rhinoplasty goals can be achieved naturally with a closed rhinoplasty approach.  A chin implant will help with balance of your profile and face overall.   Your forehead can be lowered as well by placing a scar at the hairline and advancing the hairline forward. 

Asian rhinoplasty with chin implant, etc.

+1
Asian rhinoplasty with chin implant, etc. can make your face more balance and feminine. Your hairline can be lowered with the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline lowering procedure which we developed 35 years ago. Your base and tip are too wide for the rest of your face and can be made smaller and with a more refined tip.

Improving facial proportions and harmony during rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1
Your aesthetic concerns can certainly be addressed during rhinoplasty.  The tip can be refined and lifted, while the width of the nose can also be reduced throughout.  A chin augmentation could improve the projection of your chin, and help to balance the appearance of your profile.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD