Should I lose weight prior to having more liposuction and a brazilian butt lift? (photo)

I have received conflicting answers from the doctors I have seen for consults. I am 5'4 (46-34-47,14 inch arms, 28 inch thighs) and maintain a stable weight of 197-200 lbs. I'm pleased with my body except for proportions due to previous liposuction. I would like to contour my back and arms with fat grafting to the buttocks to improve my overall shape, I am unsure if these areas will correct themselves with weight loss. What is normally recommended for someone with my proportions and history?

What is more important? Loosing weight or enlarging your butt?

+2

If you want to tone and shape your body overall and wish to loose weight, then go ahead. However loosing weight means there will be less volume to be used for your butt. you seem like you're in a great shape based on your picture. If you want to have as much fat as possible to enlarge your butt as much as possible, then do not loose weight.

Weight loss and Brazilian butt lift

+2

If you feel that you want to lose weight, then lose the weight first. It is best to go for a consultation to be properly evaluated as well

Should I lose weight prior to having more liposuction and a brazilian butt lift?

+2

If you are happy with your overall body and would just like refinements then weight loss is probably not necessary.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Should I lose weight prior to a brazilian butt lift?

+1

You probably have been getting different opinions because there is no perfect answer. If you had a lot of liposuction in the past and don't have as much fat to "give" from the subcutaneous tissue (under the skin) but carry a lot of your weight inside your abdomen (which we cannot use)... that will impact whether or not you should lose weight. I feel that it is hard to "game the system" so-to-speak. We cannot dictate where we lose weight, but intraabdominal fat is often the first to go. If you are at a stable body weight, have a nutritious diet and get some exercise, it might be a good time to have the surgery since there is more fat than there would be if you lose weight first. However, if you are currently in the process of losing weight or have an ideal body weight that you can obtain and maintain, you might consider doing that first before surgery to contour your body. I don't recommend dieting, having surgery and then gaining it back because you can't maintain it - you want to avoid this approach.

Good luck!

Dr. Michelle Spring

Michelle Spring, MD